Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Chances are, you’re either hosting a holiday gathering of some sort this year or you’re attending one and need to bring a dish. Instead of just toting a couple pies, offer to bring an appetizer!
These cute little paleo stuffed mushrooms are really simple and reallllly delicious.
All that’s involved is some browning of ground beef with onion, garlic, chopped celery, and shredded carrots. Add in as much fresh rosemary as your heart desires (mine usually desires a lot). Hollow out some cute little crimini mushrooms and fill with the ground beef. Bake for a few minutes then voila! You have yourself a homemade, healthy, rustic appetizer.
My supervisor, Gus, on duty:
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef I like to use 85% lean
- 24 Small/Medium Crimini Mushrooms white button mushrooms work well too
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot about 2 medium-sized carrots
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Celery about 1 stalk
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tsp Finely Chopped Rosemary
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lightly cook the onions in a pan then add the meat.
- When it is starting to turn brown, add the garlic.
- Once the meat looks evenly light brown, add the carrots celery, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium/high until the meat has a nice dark brown color.
- Add the rosemary and stir thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, using a damp cloth, wipe each mushroom down.
- [Note: You don’t ever want to dunk a mushroom in water or run it under the tap, they’re too absorbent.]
- Using a serrated grapefruit spoon if you have one (or a regular soup spoon if you don’t), hollow out the mushrooms.
- Fill with the mushrooms with the ground beef, place on the baking sheet, and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then enjoy!
Approximate Nutrition Facts:
- Serving size: 2 stuffed mushrooms
- Makes 24 stuffed mushrooms
- 45 Calories; 1.8 g Fat; 5 g Protein; 0.4 g Sugar