Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Sunny eggs, sweet potatoes, and bacon! A hardy but healthy breakfast delight.
I don’t take breakfast lightly. You need a solid meal to start your day. By eating a large and healthful breakfast, you insure that you’ll have enough physical and mental energy to get through your morning and enough willpower to resist the donuts waiting for you when you get to the office.
This is a simple recipe (3 ingredients) that you can easily prep early. Nobody has time to spend in the kitchen in the morning – I understand. You want something simple and fast. Prep this dish the night before by grating the potatoes, combine when you wake, bake while you’re showering, and eat on your way out. Simple as that!
I usually eat this dish alongside some fruit. Watermelon is currently in season and goes quite nicely.
Enjoy and have a wonderful morning!
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup grated sweet potatoes
- 2 slices bacon I use the already cooked type because it gets nice and crispy and is lower in calories
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- a sprinkle of dried parsley too if you like
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, heat the bacon till they’re nice and crispy. Once finished, shake off the grease in the pan – you will use this as the grease to cook the sweet potatoes in.
- Set the bacon aside and add the sweet potatoes to the skillet. Add desired amount of sea salt and pepper.
- Cook these sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes on medium/high heat.
- In a small ramekin, add the cooked sweet potatoes and make a depression in the middle.
- Crack the egg in the depression.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes (for a slightly runny yoke – cook longer if you want it more well done).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the bacon strips (crushed) and a sprinkle of dried parsley.
Lucas Nyreen says
Now THAT is a heartily delicious looking breakfast. Though I’m not the biggest fan of bacon, the combination of those flavors sound amazing.
yum! looks amazing.