2015 Fed+Fit Holiday Gift Guide
Prepare yourself for the 2015 Fed + Fit Holiday Gift Guide!
I'm one of those people who puts an inordinate amount of thought and time into gifts. Few things bring me more joy than choosing the perfect item, wrapping it up, and watching that person's face light up with a “I can't believe you remembered!” remark. You really can say so much with a thoughtful present, which is why curating this holiday gift guide was so important to me!
One way to boost the thoughtfulness of a gift is to tie it to a deeper meaning. Few things are more precious than a person's health and a carefully chosen health-conscious gift can blossom in a person's life beyond the immediate thrill of a new scarf or latest scented candle.
To help make your gifting life easier this holiday season, my team and I have put together a list of our MOST favorite and treasured healthy lifestyle tools in this holiday gift guide! There's something here for everyone at any budget. I hope you enjoy!
Cassy Joy and the Fed+Fit Team
2015 Fed+Fit Holiday Gift Guide
- Fed+Fit Holiday Feast – My holiday gift guide pride and joy! It includes 150+ pages of how to “Fed+Fit” your Holiday gatherings, 50+ recipes that include everything from your appetizers all the way through to dessert. I know a LOT of people bought multiple copies last year as a convenient email-able gift to send to friends and family afar.
- Silicon Baking Mats – These are BPA & BPP free. They are very versatile and can be used in the oven, microwave, toaster over, & freezer. They turn any baking sheet into a non-stick surface. The silicone is very durable and will save you money in the long run with no need for parchment paper, wax paper, or foil.
- Great Lakes Gelatin – This is a great addition that you can start adding to your daily routine for the New Year. Gelatin supports and promotes healthy skin, hair, & nail growth along with supporting bone and joint mobility, so why wouldn’t you want to get on the bandwagon? You can even make gifts with gelatin included for anyone in your life with my recipes like gummies or these pumpkin pie custards.
- Electric Frother – Go to town with this electric frother for all of you bulletproof coffee needs and more. This would be a great stocking stuffer for the coffee lover in your house!
- Dehydrator – What is better than being able to make your own jerky, dried fruits, & more?! This is a gift that keeps on giving to help you and your family support your healthy life style goals.
a. Waring Pro DHR30 – one that is less than $75 (it is ON SALE NOW)
b. Excalibur 3926TB – a little more pricey, but sooooooo worth it. So worth it.
- ECOlunchbox – 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Food Container Set – What a great way to incorporate plastic free into your family’s life with these dishwasher safe food containers.
- RxBar – Satisfy your hunger when you are on the go or have no time to stand in the kitchen. I keep a box of these on hand at ALL TIMES. They make great stocking-stuffers!
- Primally Pure Products – 100% natural and toxin-free skin care products. I LOVE these products! I use the body butter (almond+vanilla) every single night and always have one of her lip balms in my pocket. They're really the best and would make excellent stocking-stuffers, too.
- Stab Round Cocotte – Splurge on the foodie in your household. They will not be disappointed with this cocotte. This versatile piece can be used on your stovetop or in the oven and is ready to take on any of your holiday meals! A friend of mine calls them “magic pots” because they magically turn ordinary ingredients into soul-quenching, deep, luxurious flavors.
- Blender – Blenders are great for food prep. The higher end ones are all-in-one appliances that can make smoothies, fresh juice, ice cream, margaritas, soups, sauces, and more. Basic ones are equally as great for making homemade nut milks, smoothies, sauces, and soups.
a. Vitamix Professional Blender – this blender is on sale at $598.95 from $749.00
b. Blendtec Total Blender – on sale at $399.99
c. Magic Bullet NutriBullet – more affordable coming in at $139 (I use this bad boy every. single. day.)
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups – Get your hands on these easy to grip & heavy-duty cups. These are high quality and will be the only set you need!
- Pressure Cooker – Get ready to have more time to relax because this beauty speeds up your cooking while still producing nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion. You will never regret this purchase! For example, if you're tired of your house smelling like bone broth when you make it in the slow cooker, THIS will change your world. Real-deal bone broth comes together in less than 2 hours! It's amazing. It's magic.
- Immersion Blender – This will make your prep work a breeze & fun. This model comes in many colors to choose from! If you haven't made mayo with an immersion blender, you HAVEN'T LIVED. Okay, maybe haven't lived is a little much …but by golly, it makes making mayo so simple.
- Yeti – This rambler tumbler will keep your ice 2x longer than plastic tumbles and will keep you coffee or bone broth hot long after you’ve left the house. I gifted a rambler to both my Dad and my Father-In-Law last year and they were a HIT! Those two men are not easy to buy for (they just buy whatever they want) and both use the rambler all the time.
- Glass Storage Containers – These will make your meal prep easier each day. These come in different sizes & are made of glass for easy reheating, baking, & storage.
- Mixing Bowl Set – This glass mixing bowl set is durable and is safe for the oven, microwave, freezer, & dishwasher. I use these ALL the time! The handy lids make life especially easy if you want to whip something up and store it in the same container.
- Paleo snacks – Choose from this grainless granola, dried fruit, or even 100% Grassfed Beef Sticks. A great option when you want to stay on track but do not have time to make your own treats.
- Kombucha Starter Kit – This starter kit includes everything you need to brew your first homemade kombucha. Save money this year by making your own at home!
- Slow Cooker – Wonderful solutions to go to on the weekdays when there is limited time to cook. This is a great option with a clip-tight gasket lid, a thermometer probe, and 3 choices for easy automatic cooking: probe, program, and manual.
- Cast Iron Skillet – Cast Irons are a wonderful addition to your kitchen. They are very versatile and will not disappoint.
- Pure 7 Chocolate – Handcrafted raw, organic, & fair trade honey-sweetened chocolate. Their bars are unprocessed, unrefined and free of chemicals, dairy, soy, gluten and refined sugars. Add this to any chocolate lovers stocking.
- Paleo Magazine Subscription – Keep up-to-date with everything and anything Paleo with this year subscription.
- Fitbit One – Track everything from your sleep, steps, and your distance covered everyday. Make sure that you reach your daily 10,000 step goal by walking, jogging, or running yourself healthy into the New Year.
- Jump Ropes – A great option for an affordable gift that will fit in any stocking. Work on your double unders for a great workout in the New Year.
- Yoga Mat – A great gift for the yoga-lover in your life. This mat provides the ultimate combination of cushion & grip. It is very durable, eco friendly, and does not contain PVC or toxic plasticizers.
- Cookbooks – There are so many great ones! Two of my favorites right now are Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook and Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind.
- Primal Palate Spices – crafted with love and care by my friends Bill & Hayley, these spices are the literal best. They can't NOT be in this holiday gift guide because they're THAT GOOD. They're 100% Paleo, organic, non-GMO, non-Irradiated, kosher, and gluten-free. I recommend the “Signature Spice Blends” to start. You'll want to put that Adobo Seasoning on EVERYTHING.
- Thrive Market – Shop the best healthy, natural, non-GMO, organic, vegan, raw, Paleo, gluten-free, and non-toxic items from the top-selling brands at wholesale prices. Truly, if I had to choose my favorite gift on this holiday gift guide list, this would be the one. Purchasing a membership for a loved one is a GREAT gift that keeps on giving. While you're at it, I recommend you buy one for yourself.