Announcing the Cook Once, Eat All Week Book!
I am BEYOND thrilled today to officially announce the Cook Once, Eat All Week book! Cook Once, Eat All Week is a meal prep method designed to save your time, money, and sanity, and is truly different from other meal prep methods out there.
If you've been around here long enough, then you may remember the Cook Once, Eat All Week meal prep series that we ran on the blog last January. We started that series while preparing for my maternity leave, because we really wanted to give you all something to help make your January easier. We had heard so many times that you wanted to eat healthy, but struggled with finding the time to cook dinner every night. That you'd tried meal prep plans but didn't like giving up your Sunday to prep and then eat leftovers all week. That eating healthy food was too expensive. So, I got to thinking on this puzzle – how could we make healthy eating easy AND affordable? Then, the Cook Once, Eat All Week method was born! We ran the series all January long and were positively BLOWN AWAY by how much y'all loved it – so much so that we wrote a book with 26 weeks (6 months!) worth of meal prep-friendly plans.
How the Cook Once, Eat All Week Meal Prep Method Works
If you've tried meal prep before, and you're skeptical that this one will be any different, let me tell you I FEEL YOU. I've also been burned by “easy” meal prep plans in the past. As a busy mom, wife, and business owner, I like to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible on weeknights, but, as a food-lover, I also don't want to sacrifice flavor and have to reheat bland, boring leftovers all week. This method solves both of those problems and saves you time while giving you fresh, delicious, and healthy meals each night.
Instead of prepping a bunch of separate recipes on Sunday, then portioning them out and storing them in the refrigerator to eat throughout the week, we make a protein, a veggie, and a starch (or another veggie) in bulk, and turn them into three totally different dinners that you assemble throughout the week. This cuts down on your time in the kitchen and saves you money because you're cooking fewer things, and we've strategically designed it so that you are using as few ingredients as possible. This method also keeps your meals fresh and diverse, because instead of making the full meals on prep day, you'll have all of your main ingredients cooked and ready to assemble to make your meal in less than 20 minutes each night.
You'll take three simple ingredients like shredded pork, potatoes, and cabbage and turn them into these three easy-to-assemble meals:
- Honey Mustard Pork Sheet Pan Dinner
- Enchiladas Verde Casserole with Avocado Slaw
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Potatoes
What's Included in the Book
6 Months worth of Dinners
The book contains 26 weeks-worth of gluten free meals that can all easily be modified to multiple dietary needs. In total there are:
- 8 weeks of low carb-friendly meals
- 23 weeks of grain-free and Paleo-friendly meals
- 25 weeks of dairy-free meals
- 24 weeks of egg-free meals
- 25 weeks of nut-free meals
We've also included a chapter of supplemental recipes with 45 quick and easy recipes for proteins, starches, and veggies that you can use for extra meals throughout the week. These are perfect for times when you haven't prepped and just need dinner in a pinch!
Storage and Reheating Tips
In addition to the recipes, we'll also tell you everything you need to know about storing, freezing, and reheating your meals so you're never left guessing.
When you pre-order Cook Once, Eat All Week through Amazon, IndieBound, or Barnes and Noble, you can lock in the lowest pre-order price, be one of the first to receive the book, and we'll send you the following bonuses:
- 2 weeks of recipes from the Cook Once, Eat All Week book so you can start cooking today!
- 2 exclusive weeks of Cook Once, Eat All Week recipes that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Our meal prep-friendly breakfast eBook with 15 recipes like Paleo Protein Pancakes, Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches, and Balanced Breakfast Jars you can take on the go.
- Printable meal prep labels so you never have to guess what the mystery meal in the back of your freezer is again.
- A printable weekly meal planner to keep you on track.
Once you pre-order, just head here to claim your bonuses!
Cook Once, Eat All Week FAQ
- How many people do the meals serve? What if I have more/less people in my family?
- Each meal serves between 4-6 people. We've included instructions in the book for the best ways to modify the plan for your family size, but in a gist you can easily halve or double the recipes depending on your needs. We've also had some folks with smaller families modify to make just 2 meals per week instead of 3!
- How do you get a week's worth of meals from 3 recipes?
- When we wrote Cook Once, Eat All Week, we decided to stick with 3 dinners per week because we found that the majority of people only planned to cook 3 weeknights per week, and we have leftovers built into the plan. For those who want to cook more, use leftovers for lunches, or have larger families, we've included 2 bonus dinners with each week. These are quick weeknight meals from our supplemental recipes chapter that you can throw together in 30 minutes without having to prep earlier in the week.
- Is nutrition information included?
- Yes! We've included a full index at the back of the book with each recipe's nutrition information, and even have info for the nutrition information for recipe modifications.
- Are the meals kid-friendly?
- Yes! We've actually called out our favorite kid-friendly weeks in the book with an icon to make them easy to find.
- Can you freeze the meals?
- Yes, almost all of the meals are freezer-friendly and we provide full instructions for freezing and reheating your food.
- Is this plan expensive?
- Not at all! One of the bonuses of buying your proteins, starches, and veggies in bulk is that they are often cheaper, and we've made sure to reduce ingredient waste as much as possible by reusing any leftover ingredients throughout the week. On average, you can expect to spend around $70 for your dinners for the week!
- Will you be going on a book tour?
- YES! You can find a list of events and RSVP here. I cannot wait to meet you!
Printable Shopping Lists
Looking for the printable shopping lists to go along with the book? You can download them here!
Cook Once, Eat All Week Book Trailer
I truly am so proud of this book and believe it is finally a REAL solution to getting healthy dinners on the table for your family every night. I hope you love it!