Chicken Skewers with Honey Mustard Dipping Saucejump to recipe
With lightly seasoned chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, and generous chunks of your favorite cubed cheese, these Chicken Skewers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce are the perfect kid friendly lunch box meal!
The REALLY cool thing about these is that if you prep the chicken breasts along with the chicken used in the previous Southwestern Chicken Salad post, you can cut your efforts in half and cook once for two tasty meals! One for you and one for kiddo, the whole family will be happy.
We all know that anything on a stick is BETTER. Pancakes on a stick? Yep. Sausage on a stick? Of course. Popsicles? I mean, YES. So while this meal is so simple, it's also kid pleasing because pulling the ingredients off one by one and dipping them into the PERFECT Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce is the stuff kid dreams are made of. You cannot go wrong with these Chicken Skewers!
Some big tips are making sure you cut your skewers to size in your kiddo’s lunch box (I cut the sharp end off to make it school friendly), make sure your cheese chunks are big enough so they don’t crack when being skewered, and make sure you pack PLENTY of dipping sauce. This sauce reminds me of a certain nationwide chicken place that was a staple of our childhood, but even better because it’s made with high quality nutritious ingredients! These Chicken Skewers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce are the perfect, fun, finger food!
If all else fails and you run out of skewers, simply pack the individual items in compartments in your bento box, and you still have an amazingly well rounded meal. Your kiddos will be the center of the lunch room with these fun finger food addition to the lunchbox lineup! We hope you love them!Print
Chicken Skewers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
The perfect fun, kid-friendly finger food!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10
- 1 pound of chicken breast, defrosted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces your cheese of choice (we used white cheddar), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo
Tools: Wooden skewers and scissors
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts, then place them on the greased baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper then bake for 30 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, remove from oven and set aside to cool to the touch.
- Once cool, cut chicken into one inch cubes and set aside.
- Cut your wooden skewers to lunch box size (also cutting sharp end off), then load the skewers with chicken, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator or cooled lunchbox until ready to eat.
- To assemble dressing, put remaining ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Store dressing in a separate airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to pack for lunch.