Chicken Teriyaki Bowljump to recipe
This chicken teriyaki bowl come together with easy shredded chicken, steamed broccoli, cauliflower rice, and a 4-ingredient Paleo teriyaki sauce.
Make it a meal!
The first of the three recipes I’ll share in this series of “Quick and Healthy Weeknight Dinners” is one of my absolute favorites – a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl!
Chinese food is always a hit in our house. Sometimes we get bored with our roasted chicken and veggies and want to shake things up with cuisine from another world.
Aside from assembly, the only work involved in this dish requires you to prep the teriyaki sauce. It’s truly a breeze to make. By the time you’ve reheated your cauliflower rice, steamed the broccoli, and topped with warmed chicken, your sauce will be done.
If you want to skip the homemade sauce, I wish I could give you a brand recommendation for a healthy off-the-shelf option! I’ve had a really hard time finding trustworthy brands that manufacture a teriyaki sauce that I’d eat (no msg or gmo). That being said, use whatever you’re most comfortable with.
For the “rice” base of this chicken teriyaki bowl, I usually opt for the cauliflower rice because it contains WAY less of a carbohydrate punch. If you’re feeding growing boys, grown men, have a need for more carbohydrates yourself, or just want a starchier comfort food, I recommend you use jasmine rice (or another polished white rice) as the base.
I encourage clients to avoid brown rice as the hull may cause digestion and nutrient absorption complications. Happy to chat more about this in depth if it interests you. Just let me know in the comments below!Print
Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3–4 cups shredded chicken
- 2–3 cups steamed broccoli
- 2–4 cups jasmine or basic cauliflower rice
- sesame seedsfor garnish
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, whisk the coconut aminos, potato starch, honey, and garlic together. Let it come to a simmer over medium to low heat, then reduce for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the bowls, spoon a portion of the rice in the bottom of the bowl. Top with the broccoli and then shredded chicken. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of the reduced teriyaki sauce over the bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.