Citrus Chicken with Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Prep Time: 4 hours for marinade
- Total Time: 4 hours for marinade
For the chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs ([url]ButcherBox∞http://getbutcherbox.com/fed-and-fit-fans/[/url] has great ones!), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- fresh lime, for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Toss the chicken in the lime juice, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, maximum of 4 hours. Using 5-6 metal skewers, pierce the chicken pieces so that you have 10-12 pieces on each. Drizzle the skewers with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Heat either a grill or grill pan over high heat. Once at temperature, add the skewers and cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they start to brown. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- For the sauce, add the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for about 1 minute, or until it looks mostly even.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the cilantro and fresh lime. Enjoy!