Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
If you’re looking for a simple weeknight dinner recipe that’s healthy, light, and no fuss, these BBQ Salmon Mango Kabobs are to the tasty rescue!
These BBQ Salmon Mango Kabobs are a product of my endless hunt to bring you healthy recipes that are easy to whip up! Regardless of the time of year, sometimes you just want a bright, light meal for dinner. All you need for this dish are a couple pieces of salmon (or one large filet) cut into 2″ pieces, 1 – 2 large mango (also cut into the same size hunks), a few good spoonfuls of your favorite BBQ sauce (my homemade one can be found HERE), and skewers.
To make, pierce those little cuties in alternating spots, slather with sauce, and then either pop them on a hot grill. OR, if your grill is out of gas (like mine was on the day that I’d pegged to photograph these tasty morsels), pop them in the oven. Directions for both methods are below.
To serve, these BBQ Salmon Mango Kabobs would be delicious next to a simple fresh arugula salad (box of arugula tossed with fresh lemon juice, evoo, and sea salt), fluffy white rice, or even a few roasted potatoes.
Note: it’s 120% okay to grab the already-cut mango at the grocery store if the thought of cutting mango makes you NOT want to make dinner. It’s also okay to go with your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce. After all, this dinner is about ease …not about being a hero. I usually reserve these quickie meals for those days when I’ve spent just a little too much time on Pinterest planning baby girl’s nursery. My tummy growls, which has me look up at the clock, and I see that it’s already 7 p.m. When it’s 7 p.m. before I’ve started dinner, I will usually do one of the following: defrost a pizza or think up the EASIEST recipe in my arsenal. Pre-cubed mango and store-bought BBQ sauce (from my latest trip to Asheville) it is!
So, shake off the weeknight dinner pressure and enjoy something tasty with little fuss.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 - 2 mango cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1. Using metal skewers, alternate piercing a piece of salmon and a piece of mango through the middle until the skewer is 2/3 full. Repeat for the rest of the batch. Baste each skewer with an even amount of BBQ sauce.
- 2. For the grill: heat the grill and sear on 2 sides for 3 to 5 minutes each, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- 3. For the oven: preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the kabobs on a rimmed parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through (slightly stiff when pressed).
- 4. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!