Crab Stuffed Chicken Breastjump to recipe
This simple and delicious crab stuffed chicken breast is a healthy way to mix up your dinner plate and please a crowd!
In a recent reflection of the proteins in my normal rotation (ground beef, fish, pork, eggs, etc.), I made note that one particular protein is highly underused …crab. Though we occasionally enjoy the crustacean cousins of shrimp, crawfish, and the rare lobster tail, I couldn't remember the last time I dug into some old-fashioned crab meat!
Entomology side note (oh yes, I majored in Entomology in college. I was the pre-med bug girl and I loved ever second): DID YOU KNOW that the doodle bug/pill bug/roly polie/Armadillidiidae is actually a terrestrial crustacean and has MORE in common with a shrimp than it does with a cricket? They even have gills. SO COOL, right?
…to the 4 people who think that's as cool as I do, I salute you you.
Back to the (still just as appetizing?) food.
SO, I put my thinking cap on and started to dream up crab-centric recipes. At first blush, the thought of a crab salad crossed my mind …which sounds lovely, but more of a Summer dish. Still noodling, a light bulb went off above my head: “You know what I haven't done in a while? Stuffed a chicken breast!”
Crab Stuffed Chicken Breast was born.
The method is SIMPLE. All we do is take a single can of crab meat, mash it with some good mayo (you can also find a recipe in my book), add a few seasonings, plop it into a piece of thinned chicken, roll, secure with a toothpick, season, and bake!
Easy breezy. If you're looking for something slightly fancy and sticking with our “stuffed” theme, you might love our Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Loin! We hope you enjoy!Print
Crab Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 3 servings 1x
- 2 large chicken breast, butterflied
- 6.5 ounce can crab meat, drained
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo∞http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZWKI0HI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=feanfi-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00ZWKI0HI&linkId=cce28f282d73f9b323486a876d219fd2 (find a recipe in my book∞https://bit.ly/fedandfitbook)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olve oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- fresh lemon, for garnish
- Spread the butterflied chicken breast halves out on a cutting board and, using a meat pounder, pound the chicken until they're of even thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine the crab meat, mayo, 1 teaspoon of the dill, and the garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Spoon the crab mix evenly onto the 4 pieces of chicken and roll the chicken around the center. Secure with a toothpick and place in an oven-safe dish or pan.
- Drizzle the chicken pieces with the olive oil and then sprinkle the tops with the sea salt, pepper, and remaining dill.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the tops start to look golden but not burned.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and serve with the parsley and fresh lemon. Enjoy!