Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
The Fed+Fit Podcast | Nurturing a Healthy Mindset for a Healthy Lifestyle
We’re back with our 6th episode of the Fed+Fit Podcast and it’s all about how to reduce stress! Remember to check back every Monday for a new episode and be sure to subscribe on iTunes!
Find us HERE on iTunes and be sure to “subscribe.”
Episode 06 Topics:
- The new age of fit bridal beauty
- Coconut milk at Starbucks
- The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover
- Reduce Stress in 5 Steps
- Some foods to help manage stress can include spinach (+ other leafy greens), salmon (+ other fatty fish), and starchy vegetables (like sweet potato and squash).
- Below is the audio file for Charissa’s “fitness to reduce stress” piece.
- Below is a photo example of Charissa’s “meditation space”
- The Granilla Bar – If you enjoy our podcast, you can show your support by also supporting another great small business! Place an order with The Granilla Bar (I love mine crumbled over ice cream!) and use the identifying code “FED+FIT” in the coupon field (though, there is no discount) so that they’ll know who sent you.
- Special thanks to our producer Brandyn Miller of Primitive Wellness and the Paleo Uncensored Podcast!
We would LOVE some feedback, so feel free to leave a review in iTunes, comment below, or even give us a shout on social media!
Loved this episode, per usual! I thought your tips were great & especially liked the 5th one & your easy strategies for meditation/finding some quiet time through things like driving in silence or taking deep breaths while walking. I think those suggestions are perfect for especially busy days where taking the time to sit down & meditate for 10 minutes seems like an impossible task 😉
Making time for ourselves is so important and unfortunately a lot of the time it is overlooked. Even if it is 10 minutes, it will definitely help you feel more relaxed and grounded. I’m glad you enjoyed the tips Shannon!
I love the girly moments at the beginning! I wasn’t into weddings or wedding dresses until my friends started getting married, and then when I got engaged in 2002 (been married since 2003). If you want to talk about wedding/marriage stuff, please feel free to continue talking about it on the podcast! 😀 And don’t worry about what future fashion might be. My hubby and I had a medieval-themed wedding, and 11 years later, I still love my photos, and I don’t think my dress looks horrible. 😉 Maybe because it was mine, but it’s all good!
And thank you Charissa for sharing your meditation space, and the extra stress relieving fit segment!
What a fun wedding and congrats on 11 years of marriage! Thanks for listening Mary!
I really liked what you said about fitting in exercise time! When I’m frazzled I don’t fit it in. Fitting it in, makes me feel on my game!
I agree Hollie! Even when I don’t feel like exercising because I’m busy or feeling lazy, I end up doing it anyways and feel 100 times better afterwards. Thanks for listening!
Hey I am new to the podcast and I love it so far. I got a late start. The topics discussed were great but my only issue was with talking about the swimsuit cover. Hannah Davis is not plus size. Just saying. Maybe you two correct this later but what you discussed about it was on point. Great podcast!
Thanks for the kind words Angie, glad you are enjoying it!