This gluten free pasta primavera is loaded with fresh veggies for a satisfying meal that is perfect for spring time!
Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
This gluten free pasta primavera is truly everything I want right now. In fact, I made it again just days after we tested it, and now I’m finding myself craving it all over again. As the temperatures are rising and plants are coming back to life, I find myself stepping away from soups and braises and toward bright, fresh meals that take advantage of the fantastic produce we have available this time of year.
This gluten free pasta primavera is the ideal meal for transitioning between winter and spring. You get the comforting heartiness of pasta alongside bright lemon, fresh basil, an abundance of fresh veggies, and salty parmesan cheese. What’s even better is that this dish is ideal for weeknight cooking!
How to make Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
To make it, you’ll simply roast all of the veggies for 30 minutes until they are perfectly browned, and cook up the chicken at the same time, unless you already happen to have shredded chicken on hand. While the veggies and chicken cook, you’ll boil your favorite pasta (this is mine), then toss it all together with olive oil and lemon juice. Finally, you’ll garnish the whole thing with a generous handful of parmesan cheese and basil and serve!
Customize the Pasta Primavera
Another bonus of this gluten free pasta primavera is that you can customize it to your own tastes. Truly any roasted vegetable (think cauliflower, eggplant, mushrooms, or even brussels sprouts) would be delicious in here, and can easily be subbed in place of a veggie you don’t like quite as much. Also, if you can’t tolerate grains, you could substitute grain-free pasta, or even cauliflower gnocchi!
We hope you and your family love this springy gluten free pasta primavera!
Just for You
Want more recipes like this?
Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt divided
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into florets
- 2 carrots thinly sliced into coins
- 1 red onion cut into one inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cracked black pepper for garnish
- Fresh basil thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the vegetables on a sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the remaining salt and pepper.
- After 10 minutes, remove the vegetables from the oven and place the chicken on the sheet pan. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked through and the vegetables are browned.
- While the chicken and vegetables are roasting, cook and drain the pasta according to package instructions.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes, the toss with the pasta, roasted vegetables, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. Garnish with pepper and basil and serve!
- For dairy-free: omit the parmesan cheese
- For low-FODMAP: omit the onions and garlic powder
- For nightshade-free: omit the bell peppers
- For grain-free/Paleo: substitute grain-free pasta