Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
This salad is fat free and FULL of super nutrients. The seemingly complex combination of the kale’s robust leaves, the parsley’s flavor, the cabbage’s texture, the sea salt lime dressing, and the pomegranate seeds’ bursts of juice make this dish craveable for kale lovers and those who fear the super green.
This dish came to be because I was determined to find a way to get my family to eat kale …and even like it. I unleashed this salad on them during a large family gathering. It fooled everyone. When they’d finished cleaning the bowl, I excitedly announced that the dish they were all raving about was the healthiest thing on the table.
Kale is an extremely hardy green and holds up really well to being dressed and stored for days. I like to make it in bulk and eat off of it all week.
Don’t be intimidated by the pomegranate seeds! I recommend crunching them all the way through. The added fiber and nutrients won’t hurt you.
Occasionally, you can find pomegranate seeds in bulk (therefore helping you avoid the pomegranate splatter). Costco is your best bet.
Enjoy this beautiful, delicious, incredibly healthy salad!
- 1 head of curly kale
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley about 2 cups
- 2 pomegranates
- 5 limes
- 1 T sea salt
- Remove the stems before finely chopping the kale and cabbage, then set aside.
- Roughly run knife through the parsley and toss with the kale and cabbage.
- In a bowl, juice the limes and add the sea salt to dissolve.
- Deseed the two pomegranates. The best way to deseed pomegranates is to cut the fruit in half then carefully break it apart with your hands and lightly brush the seeds away from the membrane. [Make sure to either wear an apron or something red! The juice stains.]
- Massage the kale, cabbage, and parsley with the sea salt lime dressing. You can perform this step a couple hours before serving. The acidic dressing will help breakdown some of the rough texture of the kale.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the dressed salad and serve!