Meal Prep Paleo Hoisin Chicken Bowlsjump to recipe
These Paleo Hoisin Chicken Bowls will really hit that Chinese food craving spot and come together quickly with a few meal prep components! The savory, creamy sauce is poured over chicken and then served with roasted Brussels sprouts. Make it your own with rice or another carbohydrate!
These Paleo hoisin chicken bowls are one of my weeknight go-to's! The hoisin sauce is absolutely delicious and really simple to make. To make these bowls, we made shredded chicken and roasted brussels sprouts as part of our meal prep so that on the day of all we would have to do is make the sauce, toss in the chicken, and serve it over some roasted Brussels sprouts. If you'd prefer a higher carb punch, feel free to serve the hoisin chicken over white rice or even a baked potato.
Cook Once, Eat All Week Meal Prep Series
If you're new here, THIS POST is a great introduction to our Cook Once, Eat All Week healthy meal prep series!
Here are the other recipes in our COEAW: Week 2 meal prep series:
- Base Recipes of bulk-prepared shredded chicken, butternut squash, and roasted Brussels Sprouts: click HERE!
- Sonoma Chicken Stuffed Butternut Squash: click HERE
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup: click HERE
Note: if you've enjoyed the Cook Once, Eat All Week series, we've created an entire book with 26 week's worth of healthy meal prep recipes. You can click here to purchase your copy today!Print
Hoisin Chicken Bowls
These hoisin chicken bowls have a savory-sweet sauce you'll want to put on everything and come together in just a matter of minutes when you meal prep them!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends removed and sliced in half
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of pepper
For the Hoisin Sauce:
- 1, 8 ounce jar coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (may substitute peanut or sunbutter to preference)
For the Bowls:
- 1.5–2 pounds pre-prepared grilled or shredded chicken, warmed
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Toss brussels sprouts with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and pepper. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
- While brussels sprouts are in the oven, add coconut aminos to a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until it thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Scrape the sauce into a separate bowl and add the rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger powder, and almond butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Mix the chicken with the hoisin sauce. To serve, spoon hoisin chicken on top of brussels sprouts and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
If following Cook Once, Eat All Week meal plan, use the following ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups pre-made shredded chicken thighs
- 2 cups pre-made roasted brussels sprouts.
- Add all the coconut aminos to a large skillet over medium heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Scrape the sauce into a separate bowl and add the vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger powder, and almond butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Warm the chicken either by microwaving 30 seconds to 1 minute with a damp paper towel placed over it, or in a skillet over medium heat with a teaspoon of oil for 3-4 minutes until warmed through. Mix chicken with the hoisin sauce.
- Reheat the Brussels sprouts either by microwaving for one minute or in a skillet over medium heat with one teaspoon of oil for 3-4 minutes until warmed through.
- Plate Brussels sprouts and spoon hoisin chicken on top. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve!