Spring Shaved Veggie Saladjump to recipe
This Spring Shaved Veggie Salad features the best of Spring produce in fun ribbons! The ribbons are then tossed in a fresh light “pickle”-style dressing making this a great salad to make ahead.
I like to think of this Shaved Veggie Salad as a plethora of lovely vegetables that are just barely pickled. Y'all, I am a PICKLE GIRL. When we go out for BBQ, I will always add a heaping helping of pickle slices from the “pickle, pepper, and onion” condiment bar. Now typing that out, are pickle condiment bars a thing places other than Texas? If not, goodness gracious am I glad to live here. These pickle bars are LIFE. So this salad takes a bit of all the lovely Spring vegetables (asparagus, carrots, zucchini, golden beets) and combines them in the loveliest way. All you'll need is a great vegetable peeler OR a microplane, if you have one (oh you fancy). Peel each veggie into thin strips and toss them in a bowl. Then, we add the light (what I want to call) “pickle dressing!”
The dressing is simply lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, a little olive oil, fresh dill, and sea salt. Pour this easy dressing over the vegetables, toss, and serve. Note that because this salad doesn't have any lettuce, it is a GREAT option to make ahead! Similar to a great coleslaw, I argue it gets even better as it sits in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy!Print
Spring Shaved Veggie Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the Salad:
- 1 golden beet, peeled
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 zucchini
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin on the thinnest setting, shave the asparagus, carrots, beets, and zucchini into long, thin strips and transfer to a large bowl, leaving the cores behind.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing onto the shaved veggies, toss, and serve!