Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
The perfect quick protein for your next dinner!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: Serves 5
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sliced red onion, for garnish
- Place the chicken in the Instant pot and toss with the salsa and sea salt. Seal the lid of the Instant Pot and set to cook on the manual setting for 12 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, manually release the pressure by turning the valve on the Instant Pot from ‘sealed’ to ‘venting.’ Once all the steam has been released, remove the lid from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with two forks You can eat it as-is, or use it as a filling for tacos or in burrito bowls!
To Make in the Slow Cooker:
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with salsa and sea salt. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low on 8 hours, until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
Keywords: Salsa verde, easy, chicken, instant pot, slow cooker, freezer