Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is the perfect quick protein option to make for dinner or include in your meal prep plans!
We have all experienced a night or two when everyone in your family wants something different for dinner and you can't decide who “wins.” Someone wants tacos (someone ALWAYS wants tacos), someone wants a salad, and you're up for anything as long as it is tasty, requires minimal effort, and can please everyone ASAP! This Instant Pot salsa chicken is the answer to those nights. It can be used in a variety of ways that will make sure everyone gets what they want, and the best part is how quickly it comes together. You can easily use it on top of a salad, in tacos, or in a burrito bowl!
This Instant Pot salsa chicken only requires two ingredients to make: boneless, skinless chicken and a jar of your favorite salsa! Toss the two together in your Instant pot, then set it to cook for 12 minutes and you'll have flavorful fall-apart chicken ready for dinner in no time. While the chicken is cooking, you can slice some avocado, chop up cilantro, and prepare whatever other accompaniments you'd like for a salad, tacos, or rice bowls. Once the Instant Pot has finished its magic and the venting is done, then all you have to do is shred the chicken. Using two forks to shred the chicken is very simple and gets the job done. Quick tip, if you want an even quicker way to shred the chicken, place the cooked chicken in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Turn it on low and watch the chicken shred in no time!
Having a versatile protein on hand is also a great meal prep option when you are short on time or aren't quite sure what dishes you want to make for the week. It also freezes well and is great for lunches and emergency dinners.
If you find this recipe as versatile as we do, then make sure to keep a jar of your favorite salsa verde on hand and when you just aren't quite sure what to make you can whip this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken again! Hopefully this recipe makes those nights when everyone wants something different just a little easier. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
The perfect quick protein for your next dinner!
- Prep Time: 00:05
- Cook Time: 00:12
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: Serves 5
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sliced red onion, for garnish
- Place the chicken in the Instant pot and toss with the salsa and sea salt. Seal the lid of the Instant Pot and set to cook on the poultry setting for 12 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, manually release the pressure by turning the valve on the Instant Pot from ‘sealed' to ‘venting.' Once all the steam has been released, remove the lid from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with two forks You can eat it as-is, or use it as a filling for tacos or in burrito bowls!