Mediterranean Hummus Wrapsjump to recipe
These Mediterranean Hummus Wraps are the perfect combination of creamy hummus, salty feta cheese, tangy black olives, and crisp red onions for a make-ahead lunch that is sure to become one of your favorites!
Greek food is one of my absolute favorite cuisines. The combination of bold spices, briney elements like olives and feta, and the acidic punch of lemon and vinegar just can’t be beat. These wraps have all of that and more, which is why they make for a completely craveworthy lunch.
Even better, these wraps are quick to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
The true beauty of these Mediterranean Hummus Wraps is that they’re SO VERSATILE. You can pick your own vessel (lettuce, collards, jicama, gluten-free tortillas, etc.), you can get your chicken pre-cooked from the salad bar or from a rotisserie chicken, and you can make your own hummus or buy store-bought — really whatever makes sense for you in the time and budget categories. The world is your oyster with this one, but if you want to make them just as we did, here’s what you’ll need:
For the Chicken
- Chicken Breasts – to start, you’ll need 1.5 pounds of chicken breasts. This will be the main source of protein for these wraps, though if you'd prefer a plant-based protein, feel free to use chickpeas to create a hummus veggie wrap instead!
- Olive Oil – to coat your chicken before baking, you’ll need about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sea Salt + Black Pepper – ½ a teaspoon of sea salt and a ¼ teaspoon of black pepper will give your chicken a really simple (but delicious!) flavor.
For the Salad
- Crumbled Feta – feta! The star of the show here. For this recipe, you’ll need 6 ounces of crumbled feta.
- Roma Tomatoes – go ahead and grab 2 roma tomatoes and chop em up! If you aren't a tomato person (or just want to add extra vegetables into your wraps), feel free to use red peppers or cucumber here!
- Red Onion – you’ll also need half of a medium red onion sliced and halved.
- Black Olives – a ½ cup of quartered black olives will add a delicious, briney taste to these wraps.
- Seasonings – to season, you’ll need 1 tablespoon of dried oregano, ½ a teaspoon of salt, and a ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon of *fresh* lemon juice (the juice from about half of a lemon) will add a really yummy brightness to these wraps.
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon of olive oil will help to really bring everything together.
- Romaine Lettuce – to add some bulk and an extra veggie, you’ll need 1 head of chopped romaine lettuce. If romaine isn't your think, other greens (like spinach or a green blend) would work great here too!
- Hummus – what’s a hummus wrap without hummus?! You’ll need 8 ounces of hummus, either store-bought or homemade.
- Tortillas of Choice – these are wraps, after all, so you’ll want to grab 1 package of your favorite tortillas or wraps of choice.
How to Make a Crave-Worthy Hummus Wrap
These wraps are really easy to put together! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Prep – preheat the oven to 350°F and either lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Then, rinse and pat dry chicken breasts, place them on the greased baking sheet, rub them with the olive oil, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken – once the oven is finished preheating, bake for 30 minutes, then remove it from the oven and let it cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare the additional ingredients – while the chicken is baking (and cooling), place the feta, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, black olives, seasoning, lemon juice, and olive oil into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add the chicken – once the chicken has cooled, dice it into bite-sized pieces, add it to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Heat the tortillas (optional) – heat a griddle or large pan to medium heat, and warm each tortilla in the pan for about 15 seconds per side.
- Assemble – to assemble your wrap, take your warmed tortilla and spread a liberal amount of hummus on it, then place a layer of chopped romaine on the hummus, and spoon your desired amount of chicken salad on top of the romaine.
- Wrap up and ENJOY!
How to Meal Prep Mediterranean Wraps
This is a REALLY delicious option to meal prep for the week. If you’re making these wraps ahead of time, we suggest waiting to assemble them until you’re ready to eat; so if you’re packing your lunch, pack the chicken salad, hummus, chopped romaine, and tortilla(s) in separate containers. Also, if you aren’t near a stove, don’t worry about heating your tortilla before assembling – this really helps Siete tortillas (specifically) to not crack or break, but usually isn’t totally necessary for regular tortillas/wraps.
More Easy Lunches to Make
- Thai Buddha Bowls with Red Curry Sauce
- Sesame Noodles
- Greek Chicken Salad Lunch Bowls
- Caprese Orzo Salad
- Southwestern Quinoa Salad
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Classic Tuna Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
- Lunch Wraps with Salami and Italian Dressing
- Smoked Salmon Lunch Wraps
- Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Sauce
Mediterranean Hummus Wraps
The perfect cold salad for your weekday lunch!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Salad:
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- half of a medium red onion, sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup black olives, quartered
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces of hummus
- 1 package of Siete Foods tortillas or other wrap of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts, then place them on the greased baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper then bake for 30 minutes, then remove and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, prepare the additional ingredients. Place all remaining ingredients except for the romaine, wraps, and hummus into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Once the chicken has cooled, dice into bite sized pieces and add to ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Heat a griddle or large pan to medium to medium high heat.
- Warm each tortilla in pan about 15 seconds per side.
- To assemble your wrap, take your warmed tortilla and spread a liberal amount of hummus on it.
- Place a layer of chopped romaine on the hummus, then spoon desired amount of chicken salad on top of the romaine.
- Wrap up and ENJOY!
Store remaining salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.