Spring Roll Party Barjump to recipe
This Spring Roll Party Bar is a fun way to host a DIY dinner party with fun, healthy foods that everyone can enjoy!
Once upon a time, my friend Wes hosted the most fun dinner party. He hosted a Spring Roll Party Bar and it was SO MUCH FUN! I told him that I'd be copying his idea for a blog post …and here you have it! So, thank you for the great idea, Wesley! <3
What exactly is a Spring Roll Party Bar? It's like a DIY dinner. You (as the host) prepare all the components and then set them out on your counter in separate bowls. Then, your guests get to build their own fresh spring rolls! You can either put out material for savory rolls (like veggies and cooked proteins) or you can display ingredients for some dessert rolls (like fruit!). Here are some ideas of what to include in your own Spring Roll Party Bar:
- Veggies: julienne carrots, cucumber strips, purple cabbage, jalapeno pepper strips, and avocado.
- Fruits: strawberries, kiwi, and mango slices.
- Proteins: boiled mini shrimp (peeled and deveined) or grilled then chopped teriyaki chicken.
- Carbs: vermicelli noodles.
- Fresh herbs: cilantro (for savory) and mint (for sweet).
- Sauces: peanut sauce (recipe below!).
- Rice Paper Wrappers
I recommend going with what you enjoy most and have fun with it! There's no one way to Spring Roll. Just decorate your kitchen island or table with all the fillings, bowls of sauce, plates, and a saute pan full of warm water. When your guests are ready to make their roll, they'll take a piece of the dry rice paper wrapper and place it in the water. Follow the instructions on the package, but you'll know the wrapper is ready when the “paper” becomes soft and pliable (but don't let it go too long, or it'll get mushy). Fill with your chosen goodies, roll, dip, and enjoy!Print
Spring Roll Party Bar
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
For the Spring Rolls:
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined, cooked, and peeled
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into 2-inch long matchsticks
- 2 large carrots, sliced into 2-inch long matchsticks
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 bag rice vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1 package rice paper wrappers
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Blend or whisk together all ingredients for the peanut sauce, then set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in their own bowls or plates, including a large bowl or dish filled with warm water to dunk the spring roll wrappers in, and line them up for assembly.
- To make a spring roll: place a wrapper in the water until it becomes pliable, then remove from water and fill with 4 shrimp, and desired amount of additional ingredients in the top 1/3 of the wrapper. Fold in the sides of the wrapper, then roll.
- Repeat this until you have your desired amount of spring rolls, or allow your guests to roll their own wraps. Serve alongside peanut dipping sauce and enjoy!