Posted by Cassyhttp://fedandfit.com/butternut-squash-egg-muffins/
© 2017 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
pound butternut squash*
pepper to taste
slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
tablespoons butter or ghee
tablespoons chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut a 2-3 pound butternut squash in half, scoop out seeds, place face down on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, until tender. Reduce heat to 350. Let squash cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While squash is baking, cook bacon then crumble.
- Scoop squash from skin and add to blender with eggs, salt, and pepper. Blend on high for 15-30 seconds until fully combined.
- Grease 24 muffin tins with butter or ghee, then fill 3/4 of the way with egg and squash mixture. Top with bacon, equally divided among the 24 egg cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is firmed.
- Let egg cups cool, then remove from from muffin tin and garnish with chives. Serve immediately or freeze for later use!
*May use frozen butternut squash puree, reheated, or roast 2 lbs pre-cut butternut squash and then puree instead of buying a whole squash.