Surf and Turf Kabobs
These Surf and Turf Kabobs are a great way to enjoy a DELICIOUS meal from home without the pomp and circumstance of fine dining.
Surf and Turf Kabobs! There's something about surf and turf that makes me think of really fine dining. White table cloth, upholstered chair, water served in a stemmed glass, fresh flower on the table, and side salads offered with every entree. Surf and turf feels almost too indulgent, though. Like, even if I'd won the lottery, I'd still skip over the option on a menu. I'd probably politely settle on a small steak, baked potato, salad (minus croutons), and a dirty martini (blue cheese olive, please).
…but at HOME, surf and turf feels so much more attainable.
In fact, it feels more delicious.
At home, we can turf with some really high-quality grass-fed beef, surf with some gorgeous plump wild shrimp, and create a garlic dipping ghee that will knock. socks. off.
Are you with me?
To make these kabobs, we need a quick marinade. I chose the Super Garlic Balanced Bites blend + the California Garlic Ghee by 4th and Heart + fresh lemon juice. Melt the ghee, add in several big shakes of the blend, add the lemon juice, toss in your proteins, and then let them sit for about 15 minutes! Note that this marinade is not like a bath. You won't have a pool of ghee + lemon juice for the protein to sit in. Rather, you'll toss and then let them sit. After that, pierce with your skewers! I recommend making skewers of just-shrimp and just-beef. The shrimp will cook faster than the beef, so separating them will keep you from having over-cooked shrimp or under-cooked beef.
Grill to your liking and then serve up with a little more melted ghee!
I hope this helps you enjoy a little surf and turf from home!Print
Surf and Turf Kabobs
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1 tablespoon super garlic (or flake garlic + sea salt)
- 2 pounds sirloin (or ribeye), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Toss the shrimp and the beef in a large bowl. Top with the ghee, spice, and lemon juice. Toss to combine and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place on a skewer, dividing the beef and shrimp.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until pink. Grill the beef for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they have a nice sear on the outside.
- Serve with additional melted ghee and enjoy!