Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oatsjump to recipe
These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are a healthy breakfast that tastes like an indulgent dessert!
These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are the latest addition to our overnight oats series! So far, we've brought you a maple pecan version and an apple cinnamon version, and these chocolate peanut butter oats are sure to be another favorite. When it comes to meal prepping breakfast, it can be easy to get bored. You may find yourself routinely making the same egg bake, overnight oats, or smoothies. The key to keeping your breakfast interesting is to keep on trying new flavor combos – which is where these overnight oats come in! They're rich and chocolatey, but not overly sweet, making them a fantastic way to get excited about your breakfast again.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
One of the reasons we love overnight oats is because they are so easy to make! Just follow the steps below to make your oats:
- Portion out the oats. Line up 4, 8-ounce mason jars and pour 1/2 cup overnight oats into each one.
- Blend the remaining ingredients. Next, you'll blend or whisk together the peanut butter, milk, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats. Finally, you'll pour about 2/3 cup of the milk mixture over the oats, then seal the jar and refrigerate overnight.
Want to know more about making overnight oats? We cover all the basics in our how to make overnight oats guide!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats FAQ
How long do overnight oats keep?
These oats will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, so they are great for making ahead for the week!
What's the best milk to use for overnight oats?
We've found that whole, grass-fed milk, almond milk, and cashew milk make great options for overnight oats. If you'd like to use coconut milk, we recommend using a boxed coconut milk beverage or trying light coconut milk, as full-fat coconut milk results in overnight oats that are a bit too thick.
Can I substitute anything for the peanut butter?
Absolutely! If you can't tolerate peanut butter, you can substitute almond butter or sunbutter in its place.
Do I have to make these in individual mason jars?
Nope! If you'd prefer not to make individual portions, simply mix all of the ingredients together in a large container – then spoon out your desired portion when you're ready to eat.Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
These overnight oats are a great make-ahead breakfast option that feel indulgent!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: American
- Add 1/2 cup of oats to 4 8-ounce mason jars, then set aside.
- Blend or whisk the peanut butter, milk, syrup, and cocoa powder until smooth, then separate the mixture between the 4 mason jars (about 2/3 cup for each) and pour over the oats.
- Refrigerate overnight, then enjoy! The oats will stay good for up to 5 days.
- If you'd prefer, you can mix all the ingredients in one large container and refrigerate overnight.
Keywords: chocolate, peanut butter, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, oats, overnight oats