With a dairy-free option, these Cream Cheese Bacon Dates are an incredibly easy, simple, and delicious appetizer to serve up at your next Holiday party.
Dates and Bacon Appetizer
Let’s talk Cream Cheese Bacon Dates! Goodness gracious these are good. These little morsels of heaven come with options! I just love options. If you’re the kind of person who tolerates and enjoys cooking/serving dairy, feel free to use real-deal cream cheese in this recipe! OR, if you prefer to avoid dairy, I’ll have you know that the Kite Hill Cream Cheese is a stellar substitute. It’s still creamy, delicious, and results in a darn-tasty appetizer bite that will please all pallets.
What do dates taste like?
Dates are so delicious, y’all. They taste a lot like caramel, making them the perfect sweet contrast to salty bacon!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Cream Cheese Ingredients
- 16 dates, pits removed
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ tablespoon of minced chives
- 8 slices of bacon
- 16 toothpicks
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Dates with Cream Cheese
- Prep – preheat the oven to 400°F, and remove the pits from your dates if you haven’t already.
- Stuff the dates – combine the cream cheese and chives in a small bowl. Slice the dates lengthwise and stuff them with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap with bacon – wrap each date with one slice of bacon, trying not to overlap it. Secure the bacon with a toothpick and place the bacon wrapped date on the sheet pan.
- Bake – bake the dates for 18-20 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
How long does it take to make stuffed dates with cream cheese and bacon?
It’ll take you about 15 minutes to slice, stuff, and wrap your dates and about 20 minutes for the bacon to get nice and crispy in the oven.
How can you tell if the stuffed bacon dates are done?
Good question! The bacon is the only thing that actually needs to cook, so as soon as it’s nice and crispy, the dates are done! This should take no longer than 20 minutes.
What pairs well with this dates and bacon appetizer?
If you’re looking to make an appetizer spread (which is a fabulous idea, by the way!), these cream cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped dates would pair beautifully with deviled eggs and pesto hummus + homemade plantain chips!
How do you store bacon wrapped dates with cream cheese?
These dates are best enjoyed out of the oven, but you can absolutely store any leftover dates in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long can you store stuffed dates with cream cheese?
Stored in the refrigerator, your dates will last for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze stuffed bacon dates?
Sure! For best results, freeze your bacon wrapped dates after they’ve been cooked (vs. before, as a make-ahead option). Stored in the freezer, they’ll be good for up to 3 months. Simply place them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
How do you reheat bacon wrapped dates with cheese?
For the crispiest results, reheat your bacon wrapped dates for a few minutes in the air fryer or oven. If non-crispy bacon isn’t a dealbreaker for you, though, feel free to heat your leftover dates in the microwave!
Just for You
Want more recipe ideas like this?
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Cream Cheese
- 16 dates pits removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese use Kite Hill for dairy free
- 1/2 tablespoon minced chives
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine cream cheese and chives in a small bowl. Slice dates lengthwise and stuff with the cream cheese mixture, then wrap with one slice of bacon, trying not to overlap it. Secure with toothpick and place on sheet pan.
- Bake the dates for 18-20 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Let cool at least 10 minutes and serve.