Furikake Crab Bowl
These Asian-inspired chilled crab and cucumber bowls are going to knock your socks off. The tangy Paleo dressing is delicious and the generous sprinkle of furikake on top makes the whole dish! Enjoy a higher carbohydrate version with white rice or just opt for a bed entirely of shaved cucumbers.
My friend Alex asked me to create and share this recipe almost 3 years ago …now feels just like the right time! If you're not familiar with furikake, I'll fill you in. It's a seasoning mix made with (at least the one I buy) a mixture of sesame seeds, sea salt, and seaweed. It's DELICIOUS and you're going to want to sprinkle it on everything. It's mostly enjoyed on top of rice and sushi-like meals.
The most work involved in this dish is simply cooking the rice (if you eat rice) and then making the cucumber ribbons. For the ribbons, all I use is an everyday vegetable peeler and work my way across the length of a cucumber in smooth, even strokes.
To assemble, simply plate with a scoop of rice, a heap of ribbons, and the contents of a whole can of jumbo lump crab meat. Drizzle the top with the dressing, sprinkle with the furikake, and then garnish with fresh cilantro (if you like) and a 1/4 of an avocado. BAM! A delicous, refreshing, healthy meal is ready to go.
Furikake Crab Bowl
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: -
- Total Time: -25794237.7 minute
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 large cucumber, cut into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup cooked white rice (optional)
- 6.5 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon furikake (snag a bottle [url]HERE∞https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P0U9CO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=feanfi-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B005P0U9CO&linkId=5a1f29b0a76c1160027b40982fdf3f1a[/url])
for the dressing::
- 2 tablespoons [url]rice wine vinegar∞https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR6HALY/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=feanfi-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00UR6HALY&linkId=1cd516200d0b703913cb801e3372147d[/url]
- 2 tablespoons [url]coconut aminos∞https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QR8MQQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=feanfi-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B019QR8MQQ&linkId=3c919fd5672ead6fdf6705ae9f6a2689[/url]
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon [url]fish sauce∞https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQMW4PQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=feanfi-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00FQMW4PQ&linkId=e00753360d6b7adda91a7eefa7cd23fd[/url]
- Plate 2 bowls with the cucumber, rice, and crab meat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and then pour over the prepared crab bowl.
- Garnish with the cilantro and 1/4 avocado, each. Sprinkle the top with furikake and either enjoy right away or chill until serving.
Be sure to check out with Lexi and Juli both cooked up for you this week in our Summer CSA recipe series! Links and photos below.
This Italian-style Eggplant Lasagna Rollatini is a delicious way to use up all of those eggplants and all of that fresh basil you have growing! It’s one of my favorite Italian dinners to whip up.
This salad is filled with massaged, thinly sliced kale that makes eating your greens easier than ever! Thinly slicing beets and roasting them makes them get crispy but still soft inside. And the whole salad is finished off with candied bacon which is sweet, savory and crispy. You’ll absolutely love this salad…and that’s saying something since I hate salads.