Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
You can’t go wrong with this ginger beet mocktail. It’s bold, festive, and really delicious!
Ginger Beet Mocktail with Lime
This ginger beet mocktail is a great example of what I actually want when I go to a bar and ask for a zero-proof cocktail. I don’t just want a lime squeezed in sparkling water, I want something big, bold, and in a salted glass. I want a ginger beet mocktail! This fabulous mocktail is a great option to make in advance and keep in your refrigerator for an afternoon, single-serving throughout the week or you can scale it up for a whole party! This was one of three mocktails I made for my friend’s baby shower recently (Juli of PaleOMG), and they all loved it!
What is a mocktail?
A mocktail is, essentially, a cocktail without the alcohol! It’s got the same fun, festive spirit as a cocktail but is completely alcohol-free. Most cocktails can be made into a mocktail by omitting the alcohol and subbing in sparkling water or kombucha (find our full mocktail how-to here). We love including at least one mocktail in any party/gathering drink spread so that guests can decide whether they want to go boozy or not.
- 1 cup of zero-proof spirit
- 1 cup of beet juice
- ½ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 “shots” of a ginger wellness shot (or 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Use fresh ginger – if you’re having trouble finding ginger wellness shots, feel free to use 2 inches of fresh peeled and thinly sliced ginger.
- Use honey – feel free to sub in an equal amount of honey for the maple syrup!
How to Make a Ginger Beet Mocktail
The process could not be any easier! To make this ginger mocktail, you’ll combine the zero-proof spirit, beet juice, lime juice, maple syrup, and ginger shot (or fresh ginger) in a jar, stir until combined, and then pour into an ice-filled, salt-rimmed (if you want) glasses.
If you want to have one less dirty dish, feel free to pour each ingredient into the ice-filled glasses (vs. the jar) and then stir to combine.
A really good mocktail combines fresh ingredients to create complex flavors, sans alcohol. This one combines ginger and beet for a deliciously earthy, spicy flavor profile with a hint of sweetness.
Of course! Since this mocktail is bubble-free, you can combine all of the ingredients together as many as 3 days in advance, then pour over ice and garnish when you’re ready!
Sure thing! Feel free to double, triple, or even quadruple (whoa!) this recipe to fit your needs.
Just for You
Want more recipe ideas like this?
- 1 cup zero proof spirit
- 1 cup beet juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ginger wellness shots (or 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the zero proof spirit, beet juice, lime juice, maple syrup, and ginger shots (or thinly sliced fresh ginger) in a jar and stir.
- Pour the mixture into glasses over ice, garnish with lime wedges, and serve.