You can’t go wrong with this ginger beet mocktail. It’s bold, festive, and really delicious!
Ginger Beet Mocktail with Lime
This ginger beet mocktail is a great example of what I actually want when I go to a bar and ask for a zero-proof cocktail. I don’t just want a lime squeezed in sparkling water, I want something big, bold, and in a salted glass. I want a ginger beet mocktail! This fabulous mocktail is a great option to make in advance and keep in your refrigerator for an afternoon, single-serving throughout the week or you can scale it up for a whole party! This was one of three mocktails I made for my friend’s baby shower recently (Juli of PaleOMG), and they all loved it!
What is a mocktail?
A mocktail is, essentially, a cocktail without the alcohol! It’s got the same fun, festive spirit as a cocktail but is completely alcohol-free. Most cocktails can be made into a mocktail by omitting the alcohol and subbing in sparkling water or kombucha (here’s our full guide on how to turn any cocktail into a mocktail). We love including at least one mocktail in any party/gathering drink spread so that guests can decide whether they want to go boozy or not.
- 1 cup of zero-proof spirit
- 1 cup of beet juice
- ½ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 “shots” of a ginger wellness shot (or 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Use fresh ginger – if you’re having trouble finding ginger wellness shots, feel free to use 2 inches of fresh peeled and thinly sliced ginger.
- Use honey – feel free to sub in an equal amount of honey for the maple syrup!
How to Make a Ginger Beet Mocktail
The process could not be any easier! To make this ginger mocktail, you’ll combine the zero-proof spirit, beet juice, lime juice, maple syrup, and ginger shot (or fresh ginger) in a jar, stir until combined, and then pour into an ice-filled, salt-rimmed (if you want) glasses.
If you want to have one less dirty dish, feel free to pour each ingredient into the ice-filled glasses (vs. the jar) and then stir to combine.
Just for You
Want more recipe ideas like this?
Ginger Beet Mocktail Recipe
- 1 cup zero proof spirit
- 1 cup beet juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ginger wellness shots (or 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the zero proof spirit, beet juice, lime juice, maple syrup, and ginger shots (or thinly sliced fresh ginger) in a jar and stir.
- Pour the mixture into glasses over ice, garnish with lime wedges, and serve.