Greek Meatballs with Tzatzikijump to recipe
These Greek meatballs are easy, incredibly flavorful, and an IDEAL make-ahead meal option for the week.
Goodness gracious, it's hard to beat a GOOD meatball recipe. You know? They're easy, flavorful, and because of their little pre-formed shapes, make for ideal leftover portioning. These Greek meatballs may be my favorite meatball recipe of all time. Seasoned WELL with Greek-inspired herbs, the meatballs are rolled together and then baked (in a traditional style) on a rimmed baking sheet until they're browned to perfection.
You then have the option to level up said magical meatballs by serving them up with a little homemade tzatziki. Tzatziki (as hard to spell as it is to pronounce) is essentially just fresh garlic + fresh cucumber grated and then mixed in to some Greek yogurt. The magical, savory yogurt sauce is the PERFECT dip for these little meat balls.
I like to serve mine over lettuce, with a few cucumber slices, and with a GENEROUS dollop of the homemade tzatziki. If you don't do dairy, know that you can absolutely make this same sauce with a dairy-free yogurt option.
For a higher carbohydrate meal option, you could also serve these over white rice for a tasty spin!
I hope you love these meatballs as much as we do.
My friends at ButcherBox, where I get all of my proteins for the month from, are offering up a fabulous new promotion …free ground beef FOR LIFE. This is such a good deal! The details:
- What: Free ground beef for LIFE!
- Deal: New customers who sign up will receive 2 pounds of ground beef in every order for the lifetime of their subscription, free of charge!
- About the Ground Beef: ButcherBox ground beef is antibiotic/hormone free, grass-fed and finished. For more info on why we choose grass-fed beef, see this article. You can also find out more about ButcherBox and how they raise their beef by listening to this episode of the Fed & Fit podcast!
Click here to get your free ground beef for life to use in these meatballs, and all of your favorite ground beef recipes!Print
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons diced kalamata olives
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Tzatziki, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add all ingredients for the meatballs to a large bowl. Mix with your hands until seasonings, onion, garlic, and olives are fully incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and fully cooked through.