Moroccan Cooked Carrot Saladjump to recipe
It’s Moroccan Week on Fed and Fit!
Lunch is the largest meal of the day in Morocco. It typically starts off with both raw and cooked salads that are served either hot or cold. As with a traditional meal, I’m starting off Moroccan Week with a warm clean/paleo salad.
When I think of Morocco, I imagine their rich culture, vibrant colors, intricate designs, and BIG flavors.
This salad has just that – great big flavor. Better yet, it only takes about 15 minutes to make. I had to stop myself from gobbling up the entire dish before the rest of the meal was even finished cooking. The combination of lemon, garlic, parsley, and sundried black olives with the perfectly steamed then sautéed carrots resulted in a complex, deep, soulful, craveable flavor. I’m hooked.
This Thursday, I’ll post the main course of F&F Moroccan Week. I’m sharing my review of a sneak-peak recipe from the Clean Plates Cookbook. I can’t wait to share this recipe. It was so delicious and really inspired me to be even more adventurous in my kitchen.
Hope you enjoy this salad!
Start off by peeling the carrots and cutting them into ¼ inch thick discs. Steam the carrots for about 7 minutes.
I chose sun-dried black olives for this salad. They had a pit but were easy to pinch out.
Sauté the EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) with the minced garlic over medium/high heat. Add the steamed carrots to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
Stir in the salt, pepper, roughly chopped olives, chopped flatleaf parsley, and lemon juice.
Plate and serve hot or at room temperature.Print
Moroccan Cooked Carrot Salad
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound Carrots (peeled and cut into ¼ inch discs)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic (about 2–3 cloves)
- 2 Medium Lemons Juiced
- ¼ cup Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Black Olives (pitted and very roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Steam the carrots for about 7 minutes.
- Sauté the EVOO with the minced garlic over medium/high heat.
- Add the steamed carrots to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, roughly chopped olives, chopped flat leaf parsley, and lemon juice.
- Plate and serve hot or room temperature.