Paleo Cilantro Lime Cream Saucejump to recipe
This Paleo Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce is an ideal sauce to whip up during your meal prep so that you have a healthy, flavorful addition to any meal throughout the week.
Corners, let's talk about them. When I hear the phrase, “I'm in your corner,” I like to think it means that they've got your back. It's almost like they're saying, you go dance around that great big room, have a ball, and don't worry about anyone or anything sneaking up on you – I'm in your corner and I can keep watch. Like a watchdog who both protects and celebrates the awesomeness that is you.
It's nice having people in your corner. It makes you feel like you can walk a little more boldly, be a little more brazen, experiment, and have a little more fun.
When real-life people place themselves in your corner, it feels like a miracle of friendship and connectedness. At that point …love, respect, and loyalty run deep. Those kinds of friendships take a lot of time, patience, and perseverance. Love, respect, and loyalty can't be whipped up quickly in the kitchen on a lazy afternoon.
…but you know what can be quickly whipped up in the kitchen on a lazy afternoon? THIS SAUCE.
This cilantro lime cream sauce is in your corner. Okay, maybe this sauce can't have your back when you're facing a perplexing job decision or relationship dilemma, but it sure as heck has your culinary back. YOU SEE, with this sauce, you can go have a little more experimental fun in your kitchen. Experiment with different proteins, veggies, and starches! Go use some spices that intrigue you and methods that are of interest. Have some fun and push yourself! THEN, if any one of your dishes doesn't live up to your expectations, worry not …because this sauce has your back. Add a few spoonfuls of this fresh and flavorful gem over ANYTHING and it instantly become wonderfully delicious again.
I *was* going to post this recipe with a new red snapper dish I have planned for you, but then the leftovers for this sauce sat in my fridge for a full week. During that week, I drizzled this bad boy on EVERYTHING. I willingly enjoyed more raw veggies, cooked veggies, and simple proteins because I knew this flavor-bomb was just a spoonful away. It was then that I knew this simple cilantro lime cream sauce needed a post of its own.
A few notes:
- Once refrigerated, this sauce will become slightly firm. Simply leave it out on the counter or warm it up to thin the consistency. Also note, if you're putting it on any kind of hot food (think baked potato, steak, pork, etc.), it will thin as it comes in contact.
- Make it your own! If you like more garlic, add more garlic! If you like more lime, add more lime! Want some heat? Add a hot pepper!
I hope you enjoy this little culinary watchdog of a sauce.
Troubleshooting your sauce: if you find that your sauce separates while you make it, simply heat it up slightly (either in the microwave for about 15 seconds or on the stove just until the chill is gone) and stir again. It will come back together!Print
Paleo Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- solid coconut cream from 1 13.5 ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, blender, or smaller bullet-sized smoothie blender. Blend until smooth.
- Note: if the sauce is too thick, add 1 teaspoon of water or lime juice at a time until you have a consistency you like. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 7 days.
- To serve once chilled through, soften by heating it prior to serving or simply dollop while slightly more solid on warm food for it to melt there.