Paleo Raspberry Almond Cookiesjump to recipe
Eat. Drink. Om., the lululemon athletica Quarry Market event, was a tremendous success! I met some wonderful people and was able to share a taste of Fed & Fit.
I went armed with some Paleo Raspberry Almond Cookies and my almost 4-month old Great Pyrenees, Gus.
I can confidently say that these cookies (and Gus, of course) were a hit.
I will not brag about being a good baker. I’m not. I’m actually pretty terrible. My culinary talents shine when measurements are approximate and my nose measures the cooking time.
I worked through about half a dozen batches before I landed (somewhat accidentally) on the correct chemistry. They are now, however, PERFECT.
These little gluten-free morsels are made of a sweet almond cookie wrapped around a fresh raspberry.
The raspberry melts inside the almond cookie and reminds me, somewhat, of a stuffed donut hole.
Do I have your attention yet?
They’re absolutely delicious and best when freshly cooled from the oven.
I hope you enjoy!
Gus wants to know if you're going to finish that …Print
Paleo Raspberry Almond Cookies
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: ~30 cookies
- 3 cups Sifted Almond Meal
- 30 Fresh Raspberries
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 Tbl Liquid Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (almond meal, salt, and baking soda).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together (egg, honey, oil, and almond extract).
- Create a crater in the center of the almond flour mixture.
- Pour the completely mixed wet ingredient mixture into the crater.
- Using a fork, start stirring the wet ingredients into the dry from the inside out.
- Keep stirring until you achieve an even consistency.
- For ease in forming, refrigerate for approximately 10 minutes.
- With a wet washcloth nearby, start forming the cookies.
- Spoon approximately 1 Tbl-sized ball and flatten in your hand.
- Place a fresh raspberry in the center of your flattened dough.
- Carefully wrap the dough around the raspberry. Do not pinch or smash the raspberry during this process.
- Once the raspberry is completely covered, roll the dough in your hand so that it is a smooth sphere.
- Place on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Wipe your hands with the wet cloth (otherwise the dough will start sticking to your hands) and repeat the process until you’ve finished all the dough.
- Once finished forming the cookies, take a small amount of water and carefully blot or brush the tops of each cookie. (This is help the almonds and cinnamon stick during baking).
- Take a pinch (about 3-4) sliced almonds and place on top of each cookie.
- Dust with cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes, then ENJOY!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Protein: 2.9 g