- Whisk the dry ingredients together until they’re evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, coconut milk, vanilla, and vinegar together until evenly combined. Add the dry ingredients to the large and stir together with a wooden spoon to combine.
- In a 9×9” baking pan or small casserole dish lined with parchment paper, pour the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients together in a medium-sized sauce pot. Whisk together and bring to a simmer (it will almost double in volume as it cooks). Let it simmer like this for 5 minutes then remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve warm slices of cake with a generous drizzle of the sauce and a dollop of Coconut Whipped Cream.
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Combine all the ingredients in a chilled mixing bowl and turn stand mixer on medium/high for 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
Whipped Cream Tips
- Place your mixing bowl and whisks in the freezer at least 30 minutes before you plan to make the whipped cream – this will help the texture set more quickly.
- The whipped cream keeps really well as a leftover, so feel free to make in advance!