Potato Wedges with Creamy Chili Saucejump to recipe
If you're looking for a crowd-pleasing veggie-based starch for your dinner table, these Potato Wedges with Creamy Chili Sauce are to the rescue! They're incredible simple to prepare and will be adored by all.
It's the eve before a big announcement and I'm BESIDE MYSELF excited! I'm that person who will get you a gift and then will immediately tell you that I got you a gift. I'll then sit across from you, grinning, on the brink of telling you what I got you because I'm just too excited to wait. That's where I'm at right now with this announcement. I'm essentially sitting across the table from you, grinning, telling you that I have something to tell you …but you have to wait. In fact, I've already typed out the secret and then deleted it 3 times.
SO, to keep myself distracted from spilling the beans too soon, let's change the subject.
Let's talk, TATERS!
I love a good tater recipe. Though, now that I've typed “tater” twice, I realize that the SEO (search engine optimization) powers-that-be would probably prefer I refer to it as “Potato Wedges with Creamy Chili Sauce.” It's a fancy name, but you know my heart is actually saying “TATERS WITH TASTY SAUCE!” That was (no joke) the first draft name for this recipe.
These Potato Wedges with Creamy Chili Sauce (read: taters with tasty sauce) are at that perfect intersection of extremely easy to make and extremely delicious. I whipped these up alongside some baked salmon (recipe coming soon) and a simple arugula + olive oil + lemon juice salad for an easy dinner we hosted last week for some friends! Between the 4 adults and the 3 kids at our dinner table, I think that the taters were the crowd-favorite …especially the sauce.
The potato wedges come together really simply. Just grab a few (4) average-to-large size white potatoes. Cut them hot-dog style down the middle and then hot-dog style again, until you have 4 long wedges. Toss the wedges in olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt (plus pepper) and bake until they're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! They're like giant, no-fuss baked french fries.
While the taters bake, whip you up some tasty sauce! ...SEO hates me right now.
The sauce is a very simple mixture of mayo, lemon juice, and chili powder. The homemade avocado oil mayo from my book is easy and tastes the best!
Once the potatoes are perfectly crisped and the sauce whisked to perfection, serve them up either together or separate!
Enjoy and be sure to tune in tomorrow (both here and on Instagram) for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!
Potato Wedges with Creamy Chili Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut into 4 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Creamy Chili Sauce:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- To bake the potatoes, place the potato wedges on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss in the olive oil, spread out so that no two potatoes touch or overlap. Sprinkle with the sea salt and black pepper. Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned but not burned.
- For the Creamy Chili Sauce, whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
- To serve, either serve the potatoes and sauce next to each other or drizzle the baked potato wedges with the sauce.