Roasted Rosemary Butter Potatoesjump to recipe
Roasted rosemary butter potatoes include crispy fingerling potatoes, plenty of butter, lemon juice, and rosemary for an easy, but crowd-pleasing starchy side dish.
I couldn't keep you waiting. I couldn't keep you waiting because I, too, can be an incredibly impatient person when tasty food is on the line. You ready for recipe number 2 in our Paleo-Friendly Southern Comfort Foods series? Heck yes you are! It is roasted rosemary butter potatoes!
Today we're featuring the often dejected non-sweet potato, the fingerling potato. All non-sweet potatoes have gotten a pretty bad rap in recent years among us pursuing a Paleo lifestyle. As if by overnight sensation (kinda like that moment when you finally get double-unders), the collective Paleo crowd flipped a switch and decided that they'd come to the non-sweet potato's defense. An avid all-potatoes-lover, I'm one of those people.
If you'd like to learn all the why's, but's, how's, and tell-me-more's about regular ole' white potatoes and all their cousins, then I recommend you sign up for my newsletter right this moment! Within the next couple days, you'll get a special email with all those nerdy and (sometimes) amusing answers.
Now onto the main show!
I make these roasted rosemary butter potatoes a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Every time I have company and I want a quick starchy side that is guaranteed to leave a smile on faces, I whip this simple little dish out. It takes minimal prep time but (thanks to a patient oven) results in wonderfully crispy and flavorful potatoes. I say this recipe serves 6 (as it probably should) but we've been known to take it down with just 4 people.
Fresh rosemary and the finishing lemon juice are the secrets to this flavorful dish. Don't cut a corner and use dried rosemary – it won't be the same.
You're going to love these!
Remember to check out the other recipes in this mini “Paleo-Friendly Southern Comfort Foods” series:
- Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
- Roasted Rosemary Butter Potatoes
- Bacon Collard Greens
Roasted Rosemary Butter Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (may use ghee or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, butter, 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, garlic powder, and sea salt together. Stir until each potato piece is evenly coated. Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out so that the potatoes are only one layer thick.
- Bake at 350 F for one hour, checking towards the end to make sure that the potatoes around the edge don't burn.
- When they're finished, remove from the oven, pour into your serving bowl, and toss with the fresh lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary. Serve and enjoy!