Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Love creamy dressings and dips? Ranch? Thousand Island? Caesar? We all do. I’ve discovered a way to trick your taste buds into eating something healthy without knowing it. My secret? Non-fat Greek yogurt. Welcome to the world of “low-cal dressings” minus the mile long list of mystery ingredients.
You will see a few variations of my Greek yogurt dressings in time. The one listed below goes especially well with crisp veggies such as cucumbers and bell peppers. Between the dip and veggies, this can be an easy 100-calorie snack.
- 1/2 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt I like to use Fage
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Thai chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced dill weed
- 1 large cucumber sliced into about 1/4” thick discs
- Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, Sriracha, and dill weed together. Add more or less Srircha depending on how spicy you like it.
- Slice cucumbers, bell peppers, or any other veggie that tickles your fancy and start dipping. Enjoy!
whenever i make my version of Sonoma Chicken Salad from Whole Foods – ya know, the kind with grapes and walnuts etc – instead of using a cup of mayo, i use 3/4 cup of Fage and only a 1/4 cup of low fat mayo. it tricks me every time!