Spicy Roasted Cashews

2012 is almost at a close!

I hope when you look back on this year, the good and the bad, you are inspired to pursue 2013 with love and positivity.

I have one more recipe up my sleeve that will help bring your holiday partying to a tasty close. Warm roasted nuts are one of my go-to pre-appetizer snacks that I’ll lay out during a holiday party; or more specifically, a New Year’s Eve party.

Don’t be confused and think, “bar nuts?” No, these are nothing like bar nuts. These spicy roasted cashews are an exquisite, warm, seasonal treat that will have your guests raving.

If you’re not entertaining, bag them up just before your leave the house. They make great host/hostess gifts.

I hope you enjoy and are able to ring in the New Year over chilled champagne and warm toasts to a wonderful and blessed 2013.

DSC_0048

DSC_0009

DSC_0014

DSC_0018

DSC_0020

DSC_0100

Print Print

Spicy Roasted Cashews

Total Time: 15 minutes

• 2 lbs Raw Cashews (can usually find in the bulk foods section)
  • ¼ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • 1 Tbl Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
  • 1 Tbl Kosher Salt
  • 2 tsp Hot Paprika
  • 2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper

1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
  2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  3. Spread the raw cashews out over the baking sheet one layer thick (not any thicker).
  4. Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes or until they’re slightly golden brown. Your nose will be able to tell you when they’re ready.
  5. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil.
  6. Turn the heat to low and add the seasonings.
  7. When the cashews are finished in the oven, transfer them to a large bowl, pour in the seasoned coconut oil and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.
  8. Serve warm in a bowl.

DSC_0082

23 Responses to “Spicy Roasted Cashews”

Chikachefposted December 28, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Seriously yum!

Bethposted November 2, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Can you use olive oil instead? I am allergic to coconut oil.

• fedandfit replied: — November 2nd, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Hi Beth! I don’t recommend you use olive oil for high temperatures because it’s so fragile. You can substitute with grass-fed butter, ghee, or even meat renderings! Hope that helps.

Amyposted January 30, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Does the coconut oil harden after the cashews and everything cools down? That wouldn’t sound very good to me if it does.

• Cassandra replied: — February 19th, 2014 @ 8:34 pm

It’s such a thin coating that you don’t really notice that hard texture you see with virgin coconut oil. It really just gives the nuts a slight sheen. They’re tasty when cooled too :)

Patposted February 3, 2014 at 1:52 am

I love cashews but not crazy about rosemary. Have you tried other spices?

• Cassandra replied: — February 19th, 2014 @ 8:35 pm

I have! Thyme, oregano, or even hot pepper for a fun mix!

Heather Hughesposted April 6, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Why can’t I save some of these recipes to my recipe box :( there is not an option to save on all of them.

Can you fix this?

• Cassy replied: — August 6th, 2014 @ 7:37 pm

Hi Heather! You should see the “save” option now!

Tanyaposted April 11, 2014 at 12:52 am

Wow! Would love to make some for Easter… How long do they stay “fresh” for please? Is 1 week too far in advance to make them?

• Cassy replied: — August 6th, 2014 @ 7:37 pm

1 week should work if you keep it refrigerated! I would re-warm before you serve.

1. Pingback: Loaded Paleo Sweet Potato Skins | Fed and Fit