Paleo Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
Classic comfort food … made extra yummy and healthy.
If you’re like me, you do your best to eat clean/paleo. You do your best to crave only foods that are good for you. You do your best to not fantasize about crispy salted french fries, gooey cheesy mac and cheese, or fluffy buttered mashed potatoes.
I’ll be the first to admit it – I still crave those foods.
Three years into pursuing clean/paleo and I still crave classic comfort foods.
I’m here to help.
I’ve concocted a paleo-friendly recipe that is so close to classic mashed potatoes, you’ll probably say: “Forget you, potato! You little swollen gut-educing tubers. I’ve moved on to cauliflower. Cauliflower treats me right. Cauliflower is delicious. I’m turning a new page and moving on. I’m leaving you, your starch, and your super-high glycemic index behind. This is the new me.”
Too much? I can get carried away when it comes to food.
Either way, cauliflower mashed “potatoes” are light, fluffy, and satisfying.
All it involves is a light boil of chopped cauliflower, a food processor or blender to pulverize, the addition of some coconut milk, coconut oil, and some spices.
Pair it with Paleo Meatloaf for a true American classic meal.
Paleo Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”10 minutes 10 minutes 0:20 ~6 servings
- 5 cups Roughly Chopped Cauliflower
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (light is okay)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Chives (optional)
- Bring a large pot to a light boil.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer on low for ~10 minutes.
- Drain and blend the cooked cauliflower in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add some of the coconut milk to help liquefy in the food processor.
- (Note: you may need to blend in batches.)
- Stir in the spices and coconut oil.
- Top with chives and serve!
16 Responses to “Paleo Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes””
Pingback: Cauliflower Alfredo | The Haas Machine