Posted by Cassyhttp://fedandfit.com/the-breakfast-salad/
© 2011 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
hard-boiled eggs – cut into 8 pieces each
turkey sausage links – chopped (can substitute 2 strips of bacon)
cherry tomatoes – quartered
of an avocado – diced
tablespoons of purple onion – finely diced
lemon – juiced
small handful of flat leaf parsley – chopped
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
- Place the eggs in a pot and fill with just enough water to cover the tops of the eggs.
- Place the pot on a burner and bring to a boil.
- When the water reaches a boil, turn off heat, place lid on pot, and keep it on the warm burner.
- Let the pot sit for 10-15 minutes then rinse in cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Peel and enjoy!
The Breakfast Salad
- Chop/dice all ingredients as listed.
- Combine ingredients in bowl, squeeze juice of one lemon on top, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste, stir, and enjoy!