This blueberry oatmeal bake combines the best of a creamy bowl of oatmeal and a crunchy granola bar, and is perfect for prepping ahead for the week!
2 large eggs
1¾ cups milk of choice (cow’s milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk will work)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
2 cups rolled oats (these are our favorite for gluten-free)
¾ cup raw chopped pecans
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 2.75-quart baking dish with butter, or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup until fully combined.
3. Add the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, oats, and pecans, and whisk to combine. Then, stir in the blueberries.
4. Spread the oat mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, then pour the melted butter over top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned. Let cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
To make egg-free, combine 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water, and let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes. Then, combine the wet ingredients (swapping the eggs for the chia egg), stir the dry ingredients into the wet (adding 1/2 cup oat flour to the dry ingredients), and bake as directed!
Cover and refrigerate, or portion into individual containers and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Microwave an individual square on high for 60 to 90 seconds, or place in an oven-safe container in a preheated 350°F oven and heat for 7 to 9 minutes, until warmed through. To reheat from frozen: microwave from 2 to 2.5 minutes, or bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 350 F oven.
Keywords: oatmeal, baked, meal prep, blueberries