Easy Caprese Chicken Skilletjump to recipe
This easy caprese chicken skillet is a great way to take advantage of summer tomatoes and makes for a perfect weeknight meal.
Caprese salad is one of my all-time favorite classic dishes. Fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and a drizzle of high-quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar – what's not to love? So, it's only natural that we took this salad and turned it into a main dish – so that you can get even more caprese goodness in your life! Even better, we've turned this into a one pot meal, so you don't have to dirty up a bunch of dishes or spend a ton of time making this flavorful dinner.
You'll start this caprese chicken skillet by seasoning the chicken, then searing it on the stove on both sides. We decided to add this step instead of placing the chicken directly in the oven to bake because searing the chicken truly adds so much flavor! We used chicken breast here, but you can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts as well. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, but not fully cooked through yet, you'll add the tomatoes to the pan and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top and bake for 15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked, the cheese is melted, and the tomatoes have burst.
Finally, you'll simply sprinkle fresh basil over top and garnish with balsamic vinegar (we like to use a thicker, high-quality balsamic here) and serve! This would be great with a big green salad, a side of rice, or some simple roasted potatoes to round out the meal. We hope you love this caprese chicken skillet!
More One Pot/One Pan Meals Perfect for SummerPrint
One Pan Caprese Chicken Skillet
An easy spin on our favorite classic dish, this one pan dinner is the perfect complete meal!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add the chicken, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear for 3-4 minutes, until browned, then flip the chicken and sear for an additional 2-3 minutes, until browned, then turn off the heat.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, then top the chicken with the mozzarella cheese, and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is browned and bubbly and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!