Grilled BBQ Chicken Nuggets
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 servings
- 1 cup Paleo-friendly BBQ sauce, divided OR store-bought
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1.5” pieces
- 5–6 metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons purple onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Toss the chicken pieces in the 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce and let them sit while you heat up the grill.
- Pierce 6-7 pieces of chicken on each of your metal skewers. Repeat for all remaining ingredients.
- Place chicken on a hot grill (about 400 F). Sear the first side for 4-5 minutes (with the grill cover down), or until they have slight grill marks. Flip the chicken over and then, using a basting brush and the remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce, paint fresh sauce over the cooked side. Cook this second side (with the grill cover down) for an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken over once more and baste the freshly-cooked side with more sauce. When the nuggets are cooked through (which should be about now) remove them from the grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with the optional cilantro + onion, and enjoy!