Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Looking for a new and healthy way to prepare chicken? This tropical spin on chicken tenders is a recipe you will put on repeat.
These Paleo Coconut Chicken Strips are extremely simple to prepare and versatile for plating with other foods.
All it involves is a simple dusting of salt and pepper, an egg wash, and dipping in unsweetened coconut flakes. That’s it! Your oven takes care of the rest.
I put my Coconut Chicken Strips on a bed of mixed kale greens. I came across a beautiful Mamey Sapote in the grocery store and added about ½ cup of the fruit to each salad.
A Mamey Sapote is a fruit native to Central America. I think it has a texture similar to a papaya but a flavor that reminds me of sweet potato. It’s beautiful and delicious.
I topped the salad off with a generous dose of Tequila Lime Dressing and toasted with a glass of perfectly chilled Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc.
- 2 Raw Chicken Breasts or 1.3 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
THE MEAL: Paleo Coconut Chicken Strips on Mamey Sapote Kale Salad w/Tequila Lime Dressing
- 3 Paleo Coconut Chicken Strips
- 2 cups Mixed Kale Greens
- ½ cup Mamey Sapote
- 2 tbsp Tequila Lime Dressing omit for Whole 30
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and dry your chicken.
- If you’re starting with chicken breasts, cut them into strips.
- Lightly salt and pepper each side of the raw chicken.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg for the egg bath.
- Pour the unsweetened coconut flakes on a large plate.
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg bath and then lay on the bed of coconut.
- Pat down and flip to ensure the coconut sticks.
- Place immediately on the aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.
- Plate kale greens with Mamey Sapote.
- Top with the Paleo Coconut Chicken Strips.
- Finish with Tequila Lime Dressing.
Delicious. How about the recipe for the dressing too?
Janice Meador says
We have made some Paleo Coconut chicken Nuggets… They are awesome!
Janice Meador Sent from my iPhone