The Holidays are upon us! ‘Tiss the season of family, sweets, and gifts.
Completely avoiding all baked goods may be near impossible this time of year; as such, I like to arm myself with healthier alternatives that don’t make me feel like I’m missing out on the seasonal treats.
My to-gift list is usually much longer than my budget allows. A simple and budget-friendly way of showing my love during the holidays is with homemade treats.
Although not strictly paleo (there’s some sugar in the dark chocolate), these delicious little truffles make for excellent gifts. Pop a few in a cute little cardboard box, tie with a ribbon, and finito! Your friends, coworkers, and family will be both touched and impressed by your incredible health-minded culinary talents.
I like to add a little light chili powder and a pinch of kosher salt to the truffles. It takes some of the edge off the sweetness and highlights the chocolate flavor.
To finish the candies, roll them in your favorite toppings. My top three were crushed pecans, toasted unsweetened coconut, and unsweetened coco powder.
Paleo Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 10 oz. Dark Chocolate 70% or higher
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil Room temperature
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk hot
- 1 teaspoon Light Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Optional:Unsweetened Toasted Coconut
- Crushed Pecans
- Unsweetened Coco Powder
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and place in a bowl.
- Drop the coconut oil in with the dark chocolate.
- Heat up the coconut milk for about 1 minute in the microwave.
- Pour into the bowl with the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the chili powder and salt then stir.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours so that it can harden.
- Using a melon scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out the truffles from the now-hardened mixture.
- Drop them into your toppings and roll.
- (Note: you may have to press the pecans and coconut into the truffles if they’re too cold.)
- You can try to mold them into a sphere but don’t worry if they don’t look perfect; they’ll taste amazing.
- Plate immediately or store in the refrigerator for a couple days.
- You can freeze them (without toppings) if you want to make them in advance.
Like this recipe?Leave a comment