Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
With hints of ginger and lime, this tangy sesame dressing is incredibly delicious and so easy to throw together!
Sesame Ginger Lime Vinaigrette
If you’re looking for a dressing to liven up your next salad, you’ve landed in the right spot. Made with simple, bold, delicious ingredients (like fresh ginger, honey, lime juice, and sesame oil), this dressing is, as you can imagine, also really bold and delicious. Mix it with any salad greens you love (or go all out with this Asian-inspired salad recipe) or use it as a marinade for chicken thighs, shrimp, flank steak — you can’t go wrong either way!
Ingredients for Sesame Salad Dressing with Lime and Ginger
Here’s everything you’ll need for a really delicious sesame dressing:
- Fresh Ginger – to start, you’ll need 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger.
- Honey – to add a touch of sweetness to the dressing, you’ll also need 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Limes – the juice from 2 limes helps to give this dressing a nice zip of acidity.
- Sesame Oil – 1 teaspoon of sesame oil really brings the sesame flavor — a little goes a long way!
- Sea Salt – to up the flavor here, you’ll also need a ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Sea salt makes EVERYTHING more delicious.
- Olive Oil – for some extra volume, you’ll also need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Red Pepper – a ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper adds a nice hint of spice.
How do you Make this Sesame Dressing Recipe
The process is really simple (as homemade dressings tend to be). You’ll just need to add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Yep, that’s it!
How long does it take to make Sesame Vinaigrette?
Because making this dressing is really just a matter of measuring and whisking, it’ll take 10 minutes tops.
Is sesame oil good for you?
Sesame oil is actually loaded with antioxidants, vitamin E, and several compounds that help to fight free radicals in the body. It also has a balanced ratio of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids, making it a heart healthy choice. Because of all of this, it’s definitely a good, healthy oil option (with a really delicious, bold flavor)!
How do you store this Sesame Lime Vinaigrette recipe?
This dressing is best stored in an airtight container (or mason jar) in the refrigerator.
How long can you store Sesame Honey Lime Vinaigrette?
Stored properly (in an airtight container in the fridge), your dressing will last for up to two weeks. Because of the longer shelf life (many homemade dressings are only good for a week), it may be worth it to make a double or triple-batch so you’ve got more on hand!
What are other uses for Sesame Lime Vinaigrette?
This sesame dressing is ideal on a salad (any salad, but especially this Asian-inspired chopped salad), but it’s also a really delicious marinade choice for chicken and pork!
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Leave a Reply