Baked Almond Butter Banana

This dessert is …

Melted, ooey, gooey, paleo goodness that will bring a smile to your face and tummy.

I’m a dessert gal. Dinner really isn’t over until I’ve checked my “dessert” box. My repertoire for healthy/paleo desserts typically involves just fresh fruit with nuts. If I’m feeling extra creative, I’ll whip up a cobbler of some sort (peach and cherry are my favorite).

This Baked Almond Butter Banana is incredibly simple but, I believe, is just as fulfilling as a warm gooey brownie fresh from the oven.

When you’re craving fresh baked goods, all you need is 15 minutes and this healthy baked banana will hit the spot. I promise.

3 ingredients: banana, almond butter, and cinnamon. That’s it!

Oh, and some foil.

This dessert also makes for GREAT campout food. Prepare the same way identified below and then roast on your fire. You can spoon the melted goodness right from the aluminum foil.

Note: If you’re looking for a 100-calorie treat, split the banana with a friend! Now, if you’re like me, you’re just going go back and make another one. But hey! You have to start somewhere.

Enjoy!

This is Gus, my 3 month-old Great Pyrenees puppy, inspecting/puncturing the bananas:

Baked Almond Butter Banana

Approximate Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: 1 Banana

Makes 1

206 Calories; 9.5 g Fat; 3.4 g Protein; 14 g Sugar

1 Medium-Sized Banana

1 Tbl Almond Butter

½ tsp Cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Using a butter knife, cut about ½” deep down the length of your banana.

With the back of a spoon, widen the cut to make room for the almond butter.

Spoon the almond butter throughout the opening in the banana.

Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Wrap completely in aluminum foil.

Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes (or until it’s cool enough to handle).

Unwrap and either eat directly from the foil or move to a plate.

Enjoy!

Time: 3 minutes prep; 15 minutes cook

21 Responses to “Baked Almond Butter Banana”

paleoinpdxposted September 13, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Awesome! I love banana and almond butter as it is, but baked sounds like it takes this treat whole new level. Thanks for sharing — I’ll be sure to try this!

• fedandfit replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 8:32 am

My pleasure! Hope you love it.

emarie24posted September 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Add some coconut flakes to the top of that too

• fedandfit replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 8:32 am

Mmmm good idea. Thanks!

inherchucksposted September 14, 2012 at 12:33 am

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it :)

• fedandfit replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 8:32 am

Thanks!

Hannah Kathleenposted April 28, 2013 at 12:50 am

I know this is kind of a late response..but this was awesome! I’m doing low FODMAPS for fructose malabsorption to attempt treating digestive distress and persistent cystic acne so this is a perfect desert! innovative! incredibly easy, simple and beautiful to look at, let alone cheap as dirt! this was also a perfect use for homemade almond butter which I was struggling with. :{D haha

Samantha Liebermanposted June 14, 2013 at 10:24 pm

also great in the microwave! 30 sec, no foil needed :)

Kristelposted July 7, 2013 at 10:54 pm

This, too, was absolutely divine! I will never miss dessert again after this! YUMMY!

Ginaposted November 13, 2013 at 9:15 pm

It was delish!! Even my 8 yr old loved it!!! Thank you for posting this!!!!!! This will be a regular dessert in my home! :)

Feliciaposted June 2, 2014 at 7:31 pm

In the oven as I type. This is my favorite combination so I’m anxious to see how it will taste baked. Thank you for the idea. =)

• Cassy replied: — June 4th, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

Awesome! I hope you loved it.

Katposted June 22, 2014 at 10:11 am

This was so awesome! I found myself thinking of all the different meals I could make this for myself and the kids. I sprinkled some bacon on top and was in heaven.

• Cassy replied: — June 25th, 2014 @ 4:30 pm

Bacon …you’re brilliant!

1. Pingback: 10 Paleo Approved Dessert Recipes » Cirullo Training | Online Personal Training | Meal Planning

2. Pingback: B4BC / Boarding For Breast Cancer / Be Healthy. Get Active. Ride! » TASTY TUESDAYS // Homemade Almond Butter

3. Pingback: 10 Paleo Approved Dessert Recipes | My Elevated Fitness