Curried Roasted Cauliflowerjump to recipe
This Curried Roasted Cauliflower puts a new, interesting, and DELICIOUS spin on a vegetable side!
Though I do LOVE big batch meals, 5 out of 7 of our weekly dinners follow this format: protein + veggie + starch. They're always simple and nutritious and …by Thursday, I'm desperate to mix it up. I either want to add a fun sauce to my protein, choose an unordinary starch (like a plantain), or find a new/interesting way to prepare our veggie.
Today's recipe is about new and interesting vegetables! This curried roasted cauliflower is the most dang delicious cauliflower ever. Actually, it's tied for first place next to the Buffalo Cauliflower from my Fed & Fit Book.
Curried Roasted Cauliflower comes together by thickly slicing a head of cauliflower into either steaks or large hunks. Then, prepare the sauce by mixing curry powder, lemon juice, and a few other flavors with coconut cream. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the sauce, spread out on a sheet pan, bake until it starts to crisp, and then serve! If you love curried sides, you might also love our Curried Green Bean salad which is a hit as well!
I couldn't stop eating this cauliflower. Seriously! You'd think I just pulled warm cookies out of the oven by how much we gushed over them.
For a full meal, I'd serve this Curried Roasted Cauliflower next to grilled (or roasted) chicken thighs and some white rice. Or pork tenderloin and roasted beets! OR pan-seared steaks and baked purple sweet potatoes. The combinations are endless!Print
Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, lemon juice, curry powder, turmeric, and sea salt. Add the cauliflower to the bowl and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Spread cauliflower onto a rimmed baking sheet, ensuring it doesn't overlap. Bake for 40 minutes, until slightly crispy and browned on top.