Mexican Street Corn and Kale Slaw
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- 4 ears corn, silks removed and husks on*
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 head lacinato kale, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, place the corn on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so, until fully cooked. Remove corn from the grill and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, chili powder, garlic powder, lime juice, and water.
- Slice the corn off of the cob, then add to a large bowl along with the kale, cilantro, queso fresco, and dressing and toss to combine. Enjoy!
- If you want to skip making the corn, you can substitute 3 cups frozen corn.
- If you are making this ahead of time, leave the dressing on the side and toss with the dressing before serving.