With zesty flavors like turmeric, ginger, and lemon, this big batch healing salad is actually hardy enough to stay fresh for days in the fridge, even when dressed. It can be made in 10 minutes, calls for ingredients that you can find at any grocery store, and will give you that guaranteed healthy win for the day when you add a scoop to your plate.
Table of Contents
This big batch healing salad is perfect for those times where you’re feeling like you may have over-indulged just a bit. In the past, I’d immediately feel like I needed a cleanse or detox after a vacation, the holidays, or even one-too-many cookies, but, over time I learned that all I really needed get back to feeling good was a big dose of greens and some extra water. This combination always gives me an extra boost of energy, while helping reduce inflammation and speed up detoxification.
Kale Salad Ingredients
This big batch healing salad is loaded with super-foods and, since the base is cruciferous veggies, it can be made in advance so you can keep eating it all week! You’ll thinly shred nutrient-dense lacinato kale, antioxidant-rich purple cabbage, and cilantro, which is a powerful detoxifying agent, and toss them with a creamy dressing, which is really the star of the show. Sunbutter makes a creamy, slightly salty base for the dressing, then lemon juice and apple cider vinegar are added to give the salad just a hint of acidity. Finally, you’ll add fresh ginger and turmeric for a big dose of anti-inflammatory power
We hope you enjoy this big batch healing salad as much as we do!
Big Batch Healing Kale Salad
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup sunbutter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1-2 tablespoons water or until you have desired thickness
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1 head lacinato kale de-stemmed and shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Blend together all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth. If you need to thin the dressing, add in 1 tablespoon water at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Place the shredded kale, cabbage, and cilantro in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Eat immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
- If you don’t have sunbutter, you can use any type of nut butter here. Almond, peanut, and cashew all work!
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon ground ginger for the tablespoon of fresh
- You can substitute the 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos with 1 teaspoon of tamari, but make sure you leave out the additional 1/4 teaspoon salt.