Roasting frozen butternut squash is an easy-button way to get a tasty side on the table!
Reasons to Love Butternut Squash
Butternut squash is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals making it a powerhouse side that is delicious alongside any dish. This variation delivers warmth from the cinnamon and slight sweetness from the maple syrup, all enhanced by a squeeze of lemon juice. These perfectly seasoned butternut squash bites are the tastiest! And the best part, using pre-cubed, frozen butternut squash makes the prep incredibly easy.
How to Pick the Best Butternut Squash
If you’re not using a frozen bag of pre-chopped butternut squash, you’ll want to use your senses to pick out the best butternut squash. Look for a squash that is a solid beige (or light tan) in color. It should feel heavy, have a hard skin, and be free of any bruises. Knock gently on the outside of the squash, and if it sounds hollow, it’s ripe and ready to eat.
Ingredients Needed for Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
The ingredients are simple and delicious. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1, 10 ounce bag of frozen butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
How to Roast Cubed Butternut Squash
The prep process is just a few minutes, then the oven does the bulk of the work. Here’s how you’ll roast your butternut squash:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine ingredients. Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Roast. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
What to Do with Roasted Butternut Squash
This roasted butternut squash is a great side to any meal. It would be so tasty alongside a roasted mayo chicken (it’s tangy, moist, and full of flavor) or turkey breast served with a side of green beans. It also makes a great addition to a harvest salad.
Oven Roasted Butternut Squash FAQs
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 10 ounce butternut squash cubed, frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt fine
- cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425℉.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!