Passion Fruit Punchjump to recipe
This passion fruit punch will have you feeling like you're on vacation, or in love, or like you've concocted the best-tasting love potion you ever did sip. Fresh passion fruit juice is mixed with ginger beer and rum for a delicious and refreshing drink.
It is believed in some cultures that you will fall in love with the next person you see after eating a passion fruit. SO, it only makes sense that this would be the chosen star of this year's Valentines cocktail creation. The cocktail is very simple and, dare I say, also very flexible. YES we wrote it to call for rum (because what's more romantic than Jack Sparrow?), but you can easily swap in gin, vodka, and heck …tequila. With a splash of ginger beer, a splish of passion fruit juice (easier to find than it sounds), and a splish-splash of lime, you'll have yourself the makings of one darn tasty cocktail.
How to serve it up? You can be like me – pour it into your grandmother's champagne flutes that have always felt very appropriate for Valentines Day OR, if you're whipping this up for a wedding shower, Sunday brunch, etc., a good ole punch bowl works great, too.Print
Passion Fruit Punch
This passion fruit punch is equal parts sweet and tangy, and completely addictive!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 drinks 1x
- 1/2 cup ginger beer
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons passion fruit juice* (we used this one)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 shots rum
- 1–2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Seeds from one passion fruit (optional)
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together (you may need to whisk to make sure the honey dissolves) and serve over ice!
- If you can't find passion fruit juice, we recommend mango or pineapple juice instead!