Winter Veggie Coleslawjump to recipe
This winter veggie coleslaw combines the beautiful, healthy fruits and vegetables available during cooler months into a craveable side dish the whole family will love.
I’m thrilled to bring you this lovely winter veggie coleslaw today! I LOVE coleslaw. I love that they’re a dense but flavorful source of healthy vegetables! Missing the bright and light coleslaw of the summertime, I decided to whip up a version that features a deep, colorful winter bounty. With dinosaur kale (the kind that is not curly) and purple cabbage as the base, this coleslaw is accent with pretty ribbons of carrots. To make these carrot ribbons, you simply use your vegetable peeler! Just peel the carrot and then keep peeling until the carrot is mostly gone. The dressing has a bright citrus flavor with a creamy texture. If you love spicy foods, I recommend adding a tablespoon of sriracha!
After dressing the simple slaw base, this side dish gets a gorgeous Winter makeover complements of some decadent crushed cashews and generous sprinkling of pomegranate seeds.
With this season of holiday parties upon us, this slaw is a great candidate to make in advance! Just like regular coleslaw, I find that it gets even better after it sits for a bit.
I hope you enjoy and I can’t wait to see how you make this slaw your own! Remember that if you make any Fed & Fit dishes from my blog or my book, be sure to tag me on Instagram in the actual photo! I don’t want to miss a bite.Print
Winter Veggie Coleslaw
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or your favorite nut butter or tahini)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole 30)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the slaw:
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, destemmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, lightly chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk to combine until even and creamy. Set aside.
- For the slaw, add the kale, cabbage, and carrots together into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix to thoroughly combine. Pour the slaw into your serving bowl and top with the pomegranate seeds, cashews, and black pepper.
- Enjoy right away or store for serving the next day!