Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Squash Casserole is a great one-pan meal that's comforting and healthy! Packed with veggies, protein, and a delicious sauce.
There are few things more satisfying than a heaping plate of warm pasta! This “pasta” dish is made with a spaghetti squash base, chicken, spinach, bacon, and a pretty traditional carbonara sauce. Note that while this recipe follows the meal prep components of our Cook Once, Eat All Week Series (where we've pre-made the shredded chicken), you could absolutely make this dish with pan-friend or grilled slices of chicken.
Combine all the goodies and bake for one last opportunity for the flavors and textures to come together.
Cook Once, Eat All Week
If you're new here, THIS POST is a great introduction to our Cook Once, Eat All Week series!
Here are the other recipes in our COEAW: Week 4 meal prep series:
- Base Recipes of bulk-prepared shredded chicken, spaghetti squash, and spinach: click HERE!
- Coming Soon: Balanced Breakfast Egg Cups Recipe
- Coming Soon: Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats Recipe
Remember that if you don't want to wait to get the recipes for the rest of this series here on the blog, you can also get them in an eBook FOR FREE by clicking HERE (subscribing to my newsletter). The eBook for each week also includes shopping lists, extra reheating tips, bonus recipes, and other meal ideas.
Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Squash Casserole00:15 01:15 1:30
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 strips bacon, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cream from one can of full-fat coconut milk (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 cups grilled or shredded chicken breast
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and place it in a rimmed baking dish face-down with 1/4 cup of water. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour, or until soft. Once cooked, set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cooled, scrape the squash out into a large bowl.
- Add the bacon to a large pan over medium heat, cook for about 5 minutes until crisp, then remove the bacon. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant and browned. Add the spaghetti squash to the pan and toss with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the solids from a can of full-fat coconut milk and 6 egg yolks. Add this mixture to the pan with the spaghetti squash, then add the basil, chicken breast, spinach, and half of bacon from earlier. Toss to combine.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, garnish with parsley, the rest of the bacon, and serve!