Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast
This Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast is packed with healthy protein, starches, fats, and veggies! This is a great meal to prep for a week's worth of breakfast or to whip up whenever you're hosting your next brunch.
I'm excited to extend my sheet pan dinner series today with a quick venture into breakfast land! This egg-free breakfast option is delicious, simple to prepare, and incredibly satisfying. In fact, I've since made it twice more so that I could spoon off portions into freezer-friendly containers. Meals like this (ones that freeze/defrost well) are one of my favorite healthy living hacks! Double the batch, freeze what you can't eat right away, and know that you're only a defrost away from a healthy breakfast on a future busy morning.
Chorizo is the star of this sheet pan breakfast! Flavorful in its own right, we're pairing it with roasted potatoes and peppers. The beauty of a sheet pan meal is that all the flavors combine in the oven, resulting in a poised, ingredient-balanced meal. If you're looking for ways to make this your own, feel free to swap in pork sausage for the chorizo, maybe add a few sprinkles of cojita cheese to the top, and toss in a few greens (like brussels) to the mix.
If you're looking for other egg-free and freezer-friendly breakfast options, check out these bowls:
- Chorizo & Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Bison & Plantain Breakfast Bowl
This morning I'm heading off to Austin, TX to meet a few of my favorite girls! Juli from PaleOMG, Lexi from Lexi's Clean Kitchen, Vanessa Barajas of Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind and I are getting together with our friends from Siete Family Foods for a few days of fun! To follow along, be sure to check out our social media accounts for the next couple days!
Wishing you a fabulous Thursday, friends!
Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast00:20 00:45 1:05 6
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground chorizo, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Toss the bell peppers and potatoes in the avocado oil until evenly coated. Spread them out on a rimmed baking sheet in an even layer (divide between two sheets if too crowded). Sprinkle the top with the salt and pepper. Nestle the pieces of chorizo evenly among the peppers and potatoes. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes look cooked through, but not burnt.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the entire sheet pan then garnish with the avocado, jalapeno, and cilantro.